Trademark or Copyright?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlFulchino

Winemaker of 30+ years
Reaction score
any authorities here on the forum that know about trademarks and copyrights?

Al, for starters, I'd contact our good friend, GOOGLE

already doing that for the last few nights...need to ask some questions to pin things down a bit

I understand. There certainly has to be an attorney on this forum. :a1

Didn't we ban attorneys........ :sm

I have had the same questions. Do I trademark my "other" winery name (in case I decide to go commercial some day) as its sorta close to a decent size winery in Cali or not. The cost of the paperwork is not cheap!

I have a coworker whose husband is the lead patent attorney at my place of employment. PM me if you can't find your answer and I will see if I can find out some info from him.

Hi Gerard, yep been there....it appears that i would be trademarking some items and not others ( they would be copyrighted) but there is a hint of grey area for some items and since trademarking can take up to 10 months just to find out i was in the right or wrong arena means i need to nail things down before submission...also copyright is 275-375 and copyrighting is under 100 ...also seeking if i can bundle multiple submissions w one application and price fee

____

Thanks Mike...if i have to i will...

Latest posts

Back