Totally messed up and added Chitosan and Kieselsol on degassing day!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMJP

Junior
Reaction score
Day 14 on my Chardonnay, add Chitosan by mistake and then added my 1 packet of KieselsolšŸ˜Ÿ. Have I completely messed it up? Should I add another packet of Kieselsol tomorrow? Or just leave it alone?

Day 14 on my Chardonnay, add Chitosan by mistake and then added my 1 packet of KieselsolšŸ˜Ÿ. Have I completely messed it up? Should I add another packet of Kieselsol tomorrow? Or just leave it alone?
When I was doing kits, I always degassed, then added the fining agents, in succession, thatā€™s what the instructions called for as I recall. If youā€™ve done a proper degassing, your wine will clear very quickly. Not so good a job, itā€™ll just take longer. The fining agents will still bond with the charged particles in your wine, but the CO2 will cause some to stay suspended in the wine and it wonā€™t clear quickly, but should do so as the CO2 dissipates.

I did the exact same thing last month on one of my wines. It didnā€™t change anything, wine was clear in 3 days.

Back