Topping up?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Stevelaz

Reaction score
I have a Chilean Merlot in a demi john that i wanted to top up. I have read here to top up with a similar wine. My wine in the demi has gone through MALO but the wine from last year, also a merlot, did not.

Is it ok to top up the wine that has gone through Malo with a wine that has not?
Thanks.

pillswoj

Canadian Member
Reaction score
Should be fine for the small percentage that would be used to top up

Ajmassa

just a guy
Reaction score
How's that new merlot tasting compared to the older one w/o mlf btw? Even tho it's young, And different grapes, you sorta have a side by side to compare.

Stevelaz

Reaction score
How's that new merlot tasting compared to the older one w/o mlf btw? Even tho it's young, And different grapes, you sorta have a side by side to compare.
I tasted them both today in fact.... The one that has been going through mlf and i believe is complete, taste pretty darn good for being only 3.5 months old. I will be racking soon, adding oak and bulk aging.

The non-mlf one from last year taste pretty darn good too but seems like it has more of a fruity flavor that the other. I will do a side by side taste test when my current batch is complete and bottled.

Latest posts