Topping Up RJS Coffee Dessert Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made a few of the "port" kits, and found them to be quite drinkable while young. However, they improve a lot with age. I've only got a couple bottles left of a 2016 Orange Chocolate ... gonna miss that one! I popped a cork on the coffee a couple of months ago and am really happy with it.

In 2018 I made the Black Forest (chocolate cherry) and coffee, so I've got WAY too much dessert wine. But this is ok, as it has great aging potential and will last for years. I'm thinking about making a chocolate raspberry, which will ensure dessert wine for many moons!

My favorite dessert wine kits are
Salted Caramel
Creme Brûlée
Coffee is very good also

I’ve made 2 ice wine kits. (Riesling and Cabernet Franc). Mainly for gifts. I’ve avoided the dessert kits as I don’t like artificial flavors...such as artificial chocolate in drinks etc. @WinoDave the 3 you mentioned are all flavors I would like, do the flavors not taste artificial? I might have to try one. Thanks and I apologize if I’m hijacking the thread...

I’ve made 2 ice wine kits. (Riesling and Cabernet Franc). Mainly for gifts. I’ve avoided the dessert kits as I don’t like artificial flavors...such as artificial chocolate in drinks etc. @WinoDave the 3 you mentioned are all flavors I would like, do the flavors not taste artificial? I might have to try one. Thanks and I apologize if I’m hijacking the thread...

I think all 3 tasted really good and tasted exactly how it’s described. The Creme Brûlée and Salted Carmel both got placed in the State Fair when I entered them a few years back. I guess my only regret is I didn’t drink them young, they seemed to lose their flavor after aging awhile. Just remember they are sweet and potent, you can’t taste it but it sure can sneak up on you 🤣🤣. I’d buy them again.

I didn’t care much for the Riesling and Cabernet Franc so I agree with you on that, they did seem fake. I won’t make them again, think I gave mine away.

The Black Forest Dessert Wine tastes exactly like the chocolate covered cherries (vodka soaked) that my great aunt use to make - nothing artificial tasting that I can determine.

Latest posts

Back