Topo Chico bottles/regular cap issues

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeemer2

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking, reading, and learning from y’all! I started saving Topo Chico bottles to bottle my skeeter pee and cider in, but the regular caps don’t seem to work. I managed to get a few on, but they don’t seem fully on. I thought maybe the capper was broken, but everything worked great on brown bottles I bought. I gave up and used brown bottles, but was wondering if there are different sizes of the caps. Thanks for any input!
Jennifer

Welcome to WMT!

Yes, there are several different standard sizes of bottle cap. I believe that 26 mm and 29 mm are the standard sizes in the range you are looking at. I know nothing about Topo Chico in particular!

Thank you, sour grapes! I think the Topo Chico bottles are slightly smaller than the regular beer bottle. I found a couple of threads referencing a 25 mm cap. 😳 I can’t find any 25 mm caps anywhere. I hate that because the bottles are so cute, and I have so many! 😂

Thank you, sour grapes! I think the Topo Chico bottles are slightly smaller than the regular beer bottle. I found a couple of threads referencing a 25 mm cap. 😳 I can’t find any 25 mm caps anywhere. I hate that because the bottles are so cute, and I have so many! 😂
Jennifer, I might be asking the obvious, but have you looked online? How about calling or emailing the Topo Chico people to inquire as to their source? Good luck and welcome to WMT.....................................Dizzy

Latest posts

Back