Topic: Gallons this year

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll Question: How much wine do you have fermenting or have fermented

• 1 -40 ( Enough to wet your whistle)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 81 - 120 (Just enough to share some)

• 121- 160 (Now we're getting happy)

• 161 -200 (Red flags have gone up at the ATF)

• Total voters
Waldo said:
105 for me and hardly anything left to show for all my hard work
smiley19.gif

I think it shows your generosity Waldo...... As I'm sure you didn't drink it all by yourself. Did you ???

I just took a count and found thatwe did 12 kits in each 07 and 08. Since one of them in 08 was an OC Port, that's approximately 70 gallons. Whoa, that's less than a bottle a day!
smiley9.gif

I better get going and get some more fermenting!

BTW we did:
Castel del Papa (our 1/1/08 choice) MMAJ
Trebbiano MMAJ
Sav Blanc MMAJ
OC Port RJS
Super Tuscan Rosso Fortissimo CC
Riesling Cru Sel CC
Amarone Moniale Meglioli
Rojo Grande Meglioli
Valle del Sol MM ME
Chardonnay MM AJ ( Buttery)
Nero d' Avola/Shiraz WE LE
Cab del Vento Meglioli LE

Edited by: Jack on Rainy

As this is my "rookie" year here are my attempts thus far

6 gallons wild blackberry*
6 gallons blueberry*
1 gallon peach*
1 gallon blackberry melomel*
1 gallon tomato*
6 gallons Minutemaid Blueberry Pomegranate*
6 gallons Orange Blosssom Honey Mead**
12 gallons Carlos Muscadine**
1 gallon Joe's Ancient Orange**
6 gallons Cranberry***

*=Bottled
**= in secondary
***= in primary

Wow I did more than I thought 46 gallons.

I plan to do a few more in 2009.

Strawberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Muscadine, Elderberry, Mulberry, various meads/melomels, and I may even order a couple kits. If I can contact a local winery that has cynthiana norton I will try to do 5 or 6 gallons of that as well.

Hello - started in April 08 and have made 52 gallons so far -

scratch wines:
Strawberry - 5 gals
Apricot - 5 gals
Watermelon - 5 gals
Pear - 5 gals
Pumpkin - 8 gals

Kits
Orange Seville Sangria - have made two of these for 12 gallons
Cab - 6 gallons
Black Raspberry Merlot - 6 gallons

Looking forward to a full 12 months in 2009!!

I think we are breeding a new crop here that are developing OCW. Anybody guess what that is? I know a few of us already have it here!

appleman said:
I think we are breeding a new crop here that are developing OCW. Anybody guess what that is? I know a few of us already have it here!

Obsessive Compulsive Winos?

Obsessive Compulsive Winemaker's?

I'm waiting for the day I can partake once or twice a week the fruits of my labor..... And not have to wait for it to age(cause its old enough). I guess next year at this time I'll be more well adjusted to how things work........

gaudet said:
I'm waiting for the day I can partake once or twice a week the fruits of my labor..... And not have to wait for it to age(cause its old enough). I guess next year at this time I'll be more well adjusted to how things work........
Gaudet, you could be rookie of the year! I wonder if there is a bonus or trophy for that??
BTW you better plan on more time to get to drinking a bottle or two a week of your own stuff. Maybe 2010.I think it takes more than a year to get some of the kits good enough to drink.'09 is looking good causeour '07s have promise....

Wow, it's only been 4 days since I asked for another poll for this year and there are 4 pages of posts. Looks like everyone's been busy having fun and enjoying some fine wines, that's GREAT! So far this year my fun equals 90 gal. I just recieved2 kits,CC Merlot and CC Syrah that I will start on Jan 1st. And to answer Northern Winos question: I know your question was just in tease, but, I am a teacher at an Ele. school.

Although I just started with the kit wines, I have been making fruit wines for a while now and so this years grand total is......9 gallons.... sad I know. But my new years resolution is to try and start at least one per month this year puting me somewhere in the range of 80 gallons for next year. We shall see how it goes. Temptation alone might get me over the 100 gallon mark next year.

Just pitched the yeast on my last wine for this year. Its an Orange Wine that after I stabilize and clear I'll split into 3-1 gallon batches. I'm aging one one coffee beans, one on cocoa nibs, and one on both. All the fermenters (or carboys) are full and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have one available on the first for a New Years Day experiment. I'll finish the year with 99 gallons. Exactly the same as last year.
VPC

OK guys and gals.

I make the "limit" that being 200 gallons. Who else make wine from Juice AND fruit?

T

I make quite a bit of wine from juice and fruit, typically about 1/2 of what I make per year. Right now I have 6 gallons of Black Currant and 3 gallons of Blackberry in progress, 1 is just about done fermenting at 63* and the other is clearing on its own.

Latest posts

Back