Took longer than expected........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And cost slightly more than first projected but I finally got my Cellar reconfigured. I think it turned out pretty good........

PC_Clark4_1600.jpg

PC_Clark2_1600.jpg

JK! I wish!

http://www.winespectator.com/webfea...ecting-01-17-18&utm_campaign=Collecting011718

Yea, a sliding ladder to get to the top shelf bottles...:)

LOL! Perhaps when I retire at the end of this year I can take up woodworking and redesign my cellar and increase the space for future holdings in a modest upgrade of sorts but nothing close to that one by any means!
YOU GOT ME! My jaw was agape.

I shoulda known, since there was way too much Cali wine... :)

Last edited:
Looking for some hand carved detailed laser etched custom-bent curved white-oak for myself. What aisle does Home Depot stock that?
That is absolutely incredible! Really blown away by it. My man has got some real FU money to build this masterpiece.
Oh yea, and wine is cool too I guess. He sounds like a guy who’s had the same breakfast every day for last 40 years. God forbid a non-cali non Cab tainted the group!
(He looks just like I pictured him to look).
Thanks for posting

Love this caption for one fo the pics: "With the cellar already at full capacity with more than 2,000 bottles, now Clark is taking steps to drink down his cellar with friends and family."

Very pretty.

But that does not mean any of the wine from that cellar will be any better than wine from an old cellar like this:

iu

Take home message: I, for one, am only interested in what a wine is like in the glass. And I really care little if the storage area has more or less "bling" than another.

Last edited:
Very pretty.

But that does not mean any of the wine from that cellar will be any better than wine from an old cellar like this:

iu

Take home message: I, for one, am only interested in what a wine is like in the glass. And I really care little if the storage area has more or less "bling" than another.

What is that floor made of? Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like clouds. Heavenly wine...

Very pretty.

But that does not mean any of the wine from that cellar will be any better than wine from an old cellar like this:—-
Appreciating craftsmanship/woodwork and appreciating a wine are 2 different things though!

Very pretty.

iu

Wow!

If that is yours, I think it is safe to say that most of us are jealous! I know I am.

No, not mine. Used that photo to make a point. :)

But mine use to look similar to that that, with a dirt floor and crumbling walls, But I renovated it (required by new regulations to get new approval on a cellar if one wants to sell wine -- old cellars already registered are grandfathered in and need not change).

Sadly, I have no pre-renovation photos with the row of large oak barrels (now gone). But here is one during renovation which still has the dirt floor (with a similar "wavy" cloud like texture from the other photo I used):

Image0040.jpg

Last edited:
HMMMMM. Which one would you prefer to take a lady to?

Sorry. I know it does not make the wine better but hey, around here sex sells!

HMMMMM. Which one would you prefer to take a lady to?

Sorry. I know it does not make the wine better but hey, around here sex sells!

Depends on what kind of lady, I suppose. You brought up sex: I think more sex has taken place in places that look like Balatonwine's first picture than in places that look like Mike's! :sm

Latest posts

Back