Too much Tannin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Alred

Junior
Reaction score
I found a couple of other post but they never really came back and finished the post with a result.

My first batch of SP and I pride myself on following instructions but I blew it on the Tannin. I added 3/4 Tablespoon. I've been making beer for a little while but with this being my first batch of SP I fear if it's bad my wife will never give it another chance.

From what I see I can make another without Tannin and blend those together, let it ride and see how it taste or just pout it out and start over...

you can try fining with a clear gelatin that you can buy at the grocery store. just follow instructions on the packet. it can reduce some of the tannin.

I'm going to go ahead and pitch my yeast tonight and may go ahead and make another batch this week so I can have one done correctly to compare it to.

That tannin powder gave me headaches. I made batches leaving ingredients out and that tannin powder was the one that did it. I just leave it out, mine tasted fine without it.

Back