Tom's Brother

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear I was at Tom's brother house today if he has one. This guy is a winemaker and I will not divulge how much he makes a year. He had to have at least 75 carboys filled and too of them were 12 gallon pyrex bottles that were quiet old. I really didn't care for much that I tried. He is very old school and uses an very old recipe book. Everything was 3 pounds per gallon that he was making, just what we talk about so much on here about closer to six pounds. He does a wine ministry and donates most of his wine to church auctions and such. He also donates a lot to other people for a donation and all of the money goes to benefit children charities. Awesome guy, weak wine. I was afraid to move around with cases of wine everywhere laying on their sides and full carboys everywhere you looked. Oh well, an enjoyable morning.

Sorry to say I have no brothers...

Where is this guy from?

I don't think Tom would make weak wine. Quality is much much more important than quantity when it comes to wine.

LOL !
Not that weak. I do make 10% avg for my fruit wines.. Nothing high% I rather taste the grape/fruit then taste the alcohol

A local winery is bragging about the first fruit (non grape) wine they ever made. It is a blueberry and they are bragging two pounds per bottle. That would be 10 pounds/gallon. I heard it is very good.

That's cool. He's found something that he really enjoys doing and it goes to help other people. Some get to enjoy the wine, others benefit from the funds collected. If he's collecting donations per bottle, I'm sure his goal is to get as many bottles of drinkable stuff as he can out of the fruit he has available. The world would be a better place if we had more like him.

A local winery is bragging about the first fruit (non grape) wine they ever made. It is a blueberry and they are bragging two pounds per bottle. That would be 10 pounds/gallon. I heard it is very good.

I'd say PROVE IT!
I doubt it..

Cracked cork makes elderberry with all juice and no dilution. I would love to do this and will especially when the c urrants really start producing. If I had access like you do Tom I would make a few all juice batches.

Upon further thought ikt has come to me that Im sure Ive exceeded that at least a few times including the traspberry that I won first prize with. That was 8 lbs per gallon up front and then another 3.5 per gallon with f-pac and that is 11.5 per gallon.

Latest posts

Back