Tom914-6

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom914-6

Junior
Reaction score
If you know what 914-6 means you will know I have other interests besides wine making. I might be me on here Tom or my wife Bonnie. We love wine and we love hard cider. We drink wine, we cook with it. We have been to winefest in Watkins Glen New York 10 times or more? We live in the country and have a large garden. Apple trees, peach trees, plum trees, grape vines, just planted blueberries. I made 6.5 gallons of sauerkraut that just got canned. 35 quarts of our own spaghetti sauce, 30 or 40 quarts of tomatoes, not sure how many potatoes, put up 50 pints of peaches, not sure how much sweet corn we froze and canned. I can butcher anything and make my own scrapel, and lard. We made 3.5 gallons of maple syrup last spring. I have my own sugar maple trees. I want to make my own wine that has the taste I like. Oh we will both be retired next year. I turn 65 in a week and she in a year. So we will have lots of time to make wine.

Welcome Tom and Bonnie!

Yes, I instantly recognized 914-6. I am jealous. I used to have a 911SC, and was always interested in a 914. I wanted a 2-liter, but was secretly interested in taking a 1.7 or 1.8 and putting a 6 in it. That would probably be biting off more than I could chew, though.

Welcome Tom and Bonnie!

Yes, I instantly recognized 914-6. I am jealous. I used to have a 911SC, and was always interested in a 914. I wanted a 2-liter, but was secretly interested in taking a 1.7 or 1.8 and putting a 6 in it. That would probably be biting off more than I could chew, though.
I have an 81SC. The 6 is a factory with a beefed up engine. Same original case just a different crank, cams and pistons, I still have all the original 2.0 parts.

I have an 81SC. The 6 is a factory with a beefed up engine. Same original case just a different crank, cams and pistons, I still have all the original 2.0 parts.

Nice! Mine was an '82SC Targa. Some miscreant former owner added a whale tail to it, and I left it on. Of course, I sold it at what was approximately (in hindsight) the very bottom of the market, i.e., it was not until after I sold it that prices started climbing.

I must confess my ignorance. When I said that I wanted a 2.0, I meant the later 4-banger. I did not realize that factory 6's were 2 liter; I thought they had a 2.2 or 2.4. In retrospect, that was dumb, as I am sure they didn't want to completely step on the 911s toes.

My current ride is a 1999 BMW 3-series convertible, into which I swapped a 5.7L Chevy LS1.

Nice! Mine was an '82SC Targa. Some miscreant former owner added a whale tail to it, and I left it on. Of course, I sold it at what was approximately (in hindsight) the very bottom of the market, i.e., it was not until after I sold it that prices started climbing.

I must confess my ignorance. When I said that I wanted a 2.0, I meant the later 4-banger. I did not realize that factory 6's were 2 liter; I thought they had a 2.2 or 2.4. In retrospect, that was dumb, as I am sure they didn't want to completely step on the 911s toes.

My current ride is a 1999 BMW 3-series convertible, into which I swapped a 5.7L Chevy LS1.
Some of the SC's 81 and after had a dealer package for a whale tail. If they had the spoiler on the front they were supposed to have a tail. Mine has the front spoiler but the owner before me sold the whale tail. I just bought one at a swap meet, took me 20 years to find an SC tail. Save the whales save the whales. I understood what you meant about the 914 2.0. They are the best of the 914's except for the 6. The 70 914-6 had the 911 engine in it. 2.0 6 cylinder that would wind forever. I also own a 74 1.8 we are going to put a 2.2 litre 6 in. We are going all out on the car fender flares carbs. I bought my SC when everyone wanted the newer water cooled so it was a great price.

Latest posts

Back