Today or tomorrow, Forum software update

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Can you try a different browser than the one you are using?

franc1969

Reaction score
This update blasted my ability to login on my phone. Won't do it no matter what, and that's what I use to read and reply for the most part. Android 6 something, with the inbuilt browser and tried Chrome also. Gave up. I am not on the computer much, but had to come here to comment.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer to use the Brave browser for my hobby stuff and I use Chrome for business use. I can no longer log into the forum on my Brave browser. I messed with some of the settings, cleared all the browsing data and still no change. Any ideas?
Did you clear cookies? That should help. I'm not up on Brave so I am not sure if it has any particular settings.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
The old site had an icon for "Recent Posts" and when I would visit the site the new posts were always there. Which button represents this? "New Posts" or "What's New" isn't always consistent.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This update blasted my ability to login on my phone. Won't do it no matter what, and that's what I use to read and reply for the most part. Android 6 something, with the inbuilt browser and tried Chrome also. Gave up. I am not on the computer much, but had to come here to comment.
Did you use the WMT App? If so, it was disabled Monday night.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
yes I'm aware yet sour grapes stated it was there?? if you go to my threads under tweaking cheap wine kits look at the replies and views??

1d10t

stewbum
Reaction score
I've done web work so generally set my browsers not to cache yet half the time but on and off I get the active maintenance page. I'm not sure if it is getting cached somewhere in between or not. Very frustrating. I use different browsers.

Back in. Third attempt to post this.....

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The old site had an icon for "Recent Posts" and when I would visit the site the new posts were always there. Which button represents this? "New Posts" or "What's New" isn't always consistent.

1585239774061.png

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've done web work so generally set my browsers not to cache yet half the time but on and off I get the active maintenance page. I'm not sure if it is getting cached somewhere in between or not. Very frustrating. I use different browsers.

Have you cleared cookies and I've found when on the new version to save that to favorites and delete earlier link.

1d10t

stewbum
Reaction score

So far today things are back to normal for me.

RocketBee

Reaction score
Did you clear cookies? That should help. I'm not up on Brave so I am not sure if it has any particular settings.
Brave browser is now working on my MacBook Pro, cleared all browsing data and then updated the browser to the latest version which is: 1.5.115, restarted, logged in no problem. I had cleared all the browsing data before updated previously and I still couldn't log in. The update cured the problem in connection with clearing the browsing data.

Group Builder