To much water to kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamsterjohn

Reaction score
Rushing this morning I added 2.5L owner the 23L mark to the 25.5 L mark. The SG is 1.084.

The sun will come up in the morning....it's not the end of the world...wine might be a bit thinner than it should have been.

If you do increase the SG by adding sugar, keep in mind it may make the wine even more unbalanced... thin flavor with higher alcohol. To wineforfun's point, the kind of kit would be important to consider (big red or light white). I'd just let it run as is and see how it turns out. If it's too thin to your liking you could always get another kit and blend. Or you could get another kit immediately and add some of the juice from that to this batch and make a 3 gallon from what's left over (save the rest for back sweetening something later). But that's introducing a lot of opportunity for things to deviate from the kit as well. Like I said...I'd just let it ride. :h

Will let it ride thanks. And if I need to top off down the road I will use a good Chardonnay.

Back