Timing of MLF

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really not too hard. Kind of fun, actually. Fumes are pretty strong, so make sure you do it where you have some good ventilation/air flow.

I just noticed a new development. I purchased my Malo bacteria from two different online sources. WLP 675 arrived on time and was cold. When I look at the collar of the carboy and give it a shake, I can see tiny bubbles. That is a good sign. The second online order was Wyeast 4007 and was held up in shipping for over a week. The icepack was defrosted but I pitched it just because I had it and was hoping for the best. When I shake the 4007 carboys I don't see any tiny bubbles. Should I assume that the 4007 won't do anything and should I treat that wine as though I never inoculated it? By the way I live in upstate NY the order was coming from Pa. and the ambient outdoor temperatures were in the 50's.

It just so happens that I received an email asking me to complete a satisfaction survey. I told them that the product arrived warm and not working. They offered to replace it. Can I pitch a new package of Wyeast 4007 into the same carboy?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back