Time to move to carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only recently made one fruit wine, it was peach. I guess I didn't research enough and didn't add Pectic Enzyme pre fermemtation. After 3 months it showed no signs of clearing so I added the Pectic post fermentation. Still took a few weeks but it did clear.

Sour Grapes, I stand corrected . You are absolutely right. All these years I thought it was volcanic.
Thanks Trick, I'm going to move it to the cellar the 26th. Let it age there. but it is crystal clear now. I still need to back sweeten due to tartness.
Thanks for the advice. Next batch!

Sour Grapes, I stand corrected . You are absolutely right.
I see this quote said quite often. Frankly I’m gettin kinda sick of it. :)
I could use a little ego boost too ya know. I’ll give it shot. ....Ok.

Sour Grapes, I stand corrected .
Actually odds are that you are most likely not standing as you write that. And likely at a home PC, sitting on a chair. But if on a mobile phone you could very well be standing. Maybe 50/50 odds of standing or sitting. With 2 options, one of which is almost 100% sitting and the other at 50% - sounds like you’d be “sitting corrected” 75% of the time. —- nope. Just Not the same. Ill refrain from spite niggling in the future.

Sorry donatelo, I’m killing time waiting for a meeting and just a little bored it seems entertaining myself. Wine sounds like it’s coming along perfectly. Make sure to not go too heavy with the backsweeten as the fruit will come through much more with time. My sweet spot was 1.005-1.006 range for DB.
Also, maybe try to add GRAPES to your growing list of fruit batches sometime. I heard they can make a half decent wine too. [emoji851] [emoji524][emoji485]

Yeah, A J, I got some of that grape stuff in a bottle right now. Welch's Concord makes a pretty good hooch. By the way, Can you come make a front deck for my new home? We done got the wheels off last week. I need something big enough for my four hound dogs to lie under.

Well. you SAID that you're a carpenter. I'm retired ,but don't ask me to do menial labor. I was a corporate Lawyer, but I'm trying to quit.:pty

Last edited:
Well. you SAID that you're a carpenter. I'm retired ,but don't ask me to do menial labor. I was a corporate Lawyer, but I'm trying to quit.:pty

Not crazy for asking a carpenter to build a deck. Crazy that corporate lawyer “done got the wheels off” and now needs a new spot for 4 hound dogs!
A fun “wildcard” type crazy. Not Joan Crawford Mommy Dearest crazy.

Latest posts

Back