Through Wall Cooling Unit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrramsey

Reaction score
So I am still designing my cellar... well actually I redesigned it all together lol.

I am still going to try passive cooling first however I am provisioning for a cooler just in case. My question is this my cellar is in the basement and about 6x6x7 or 250ish cuft. If I just vent the cooling unit into the adjacent room will it get uncomfortably hot in there?

Anyone doing that type of set up?

2016-02-07_1555.png

My cellar is in the basement and similar size as yours (6x8x7). I'm using a Vintage Keeper through the wall unit and it discharges into a utility area with furnace and water heater, as well as my wine testing equipment, empty bottle storage, laundry tub, you get the picture. There are no issues with excessive heat, though it is a few degrees warmer than other areas in the basement. The amount of heat that discharges from the cooling unit depends on how hard it has to work keeping the cellar cool. Insulation and vapor sealing is key. My cellar has 6" of insulation in the walls, 10" on the ceiling, and 3.5" on the floor, and is all vapor sealed. I also keep my cellar at 59F rather than 55F as I also use it for bulk wine storage.

Back