Thoughts for the day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepingchick

**Domestic Goddess**
Reaction score
-Peaches are easily squished,
-Squished peaches tend to SHOOT juice all over the room... and you!
-Peach juice is incredibly good for your underarm skin
-Dont wear tank tops while squishing peaches
-Peach pits CAN cut
-Peach juice WILL sting fresh cuts :sh

decided it was faster to quish the buggers than to chop or food process them.... my kitchen is a catastophy!!! ive only done about 21 pounds of the 60 so im a third way done, its SO break time!!!

-Peaches are easily squished,
-Squished peaches tend to SHOOT juice all over the room... and you!
-Peach juice is incredibly good for your underarm skin
-Dont wear tank tops while squishing peaches
-Peach pits CAN cut
-Peach juice WILL sting fresh cuts :sh

decided it was faster to quish the buggers than to chop or food process them.... my kitchen is a catastophy!!! ive only done about 21 pounds of the 60 so im a third way done, its SO break time!!!

It will all be worth it in the end. Time for a glass of wine while you take your break.

heck ya itll be worth it!! i just gotta chill for a bit whilst my hands scream at me....

Then it's the bugs that come. Nats and ants. Lil bstrds! I hate when something squishes or blows all over you in the kitchen. It's an immediate clean up frenzy.

Not to mention fruit flies!

Why not take the pits out before you squish them? You can then simply mash them up in a clean, deep, unused garbage can and a good, solid 5 foot length of 4x4 wood.

A fun activity if you have any kids.

i squished and pulled pits at the same time, found i lost to much fruit and time by pre cuttin the pits...just took a peach in hand and squeezed and the pit wud pop right out.

i squeezed them directly into vacuum seal bags so all i had to do is seal!! then weigh

ended up with 42 pounds 13 ozs of peaches so i lost almost 20 pounds in rotten fruit (i DID cut that out) and pits...... sigh

It is really a chore getting fruit ready. I cut up 30 pounds of peaches, but seeing it in the carboy makes it all worth it.

I'm so tempted to do another batch being they are still $0.75 a pound at Wally Mart.

I bought another 10 pounds today for more jam & jelly. I've got to keep SWMBO and the kids happy.

I'm so glad you made a mess before i pulled my peaches out of the freezer :)
my 75lbs are already cut in quarters, destoned and ready to go though...

.. Still trying to decide how im gonna smoooosh them.. Any tips after your experience?

Psst - lemon juice burns much more than peach juice, in open cuts... Hand a few cuts on my hands when i was quartering/destoning my peaches, i wanted to cry every time i spritzed the quarters in the ziplock bag

advice, just reach in and squeeze, repeat till done!
and these peaches were .33 cent a pound so i could not resit buying them!

Yep, playing around with all the fruit can get pretty darn messy. At least it was a fruit that doesnt really stain much.

true !!! and my hands are all soft n nice right now LOL!

fruits are great for skin!

Latest posts

Back