Thought

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
, i have decided to sell most of my animals, wagon, so on, wine still in my play box, some driving a mule in my fore cart, keeping some of my old stock, to make sure their lives are happy, as some has figured out at times i easily goaded ,my brother Delbert went to Baghdad 02/03 Fort Apache ,, well when his band of brothers get together to shoot , they good heartedly give me heck about my Ruger Mini 14,,, so i contacted Ruger, they certify, 1 machine shop for everything but warranty work, Ruger stands behind the guaranty, so i sent in a old mini 14 to them, i upgraded to a 24" ,, 1" bull barrel, world match grade barrel, just for a range gun, 7.7 twist, chambered in .223 Wylde,,
.223 wylde is half way between a .223 and a 5.56x45 Nato , making it more accurate then either of the 2 other chambers .223/5.56,,, at a hundred yards it bug holes, or puts your rounds threw the same hole, 7.7 with 24" barrel and shoot any grain, But 68-69-75-77, are it's sweet spot, my 11degree crown goes from bore to outside of the barrel , generally a 11 degree crown is just around your bore,,,, kinda silly, but now when they laugh, well some leave mad, it is not my shooting, it is there barrel, twist and length that beats them, of course ,, i do get a small grin when a POS mini 14 way out shoots a factory barrel AR, if they put a Krieger barrel on theirs then I'd be in trouble, well by next weekend, Good Lord Willing, i plan to start bottling,
Dawg

Last edited:
what gets me is how dose it better both longer as well as shorter chamber,
most probably know this , but when you have a match grade weapon built, first you buy several bore snakes, never a cleaning rod, you always pull from your breach to you muzzle, for the first 25 rounds you get chrome molly barrel grease. you shoot 1 shot, then you put some grease one the bristles of your bore snake ant pull it thru a couple times in thru breach out from muzzle, you repeat that at least 25 times, then you go to after every 3 shots, after you have burnt your 50 break in rounds, then you put bore cleaner thru your bore, i know all that sounds nutts, but to do it this way, will make the barrel way more accurate then any other way, now for the life of a match grade barrel, you never use a cleaning rod, just bore snakes, i went with .223 wylde was because it was the cheapest round to go play with, for shooting 100 yards to 1000 yards, i got US AMORY STEEL GONG TARGETS ,, make sure that you are using military armor steel, or at 100 yards you'll have such a pretty little round hole in your gong target, i have 2 inch thru 8 inch, 1/2 inch thick, they do many type guns and between a mini 14 and a mini 30 you can get 20 or so different rounds, Propriety match grade barrels or step up to world Olympic class Krieger barrel, i took my wood furniture off, bought a Ruger factory synthetic furniture
(stock) they mill out your furniture to fit your barrel of choice, i used a closet queen =old mini, put synthetic furniture - black stock . with stainless barrel, they called me and said wow, your weapon is beyond sharp, it is sexy, Carl is the guy you deal with,
Dawg

Back