THOSE EMAILS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Hello,
You always get these Emails about one thing or another and wonder if it is true...Well, this one is for sure true...it involves my family.
This involves my recently deceased brother's children....3 years ago my niece had breast cancer, she was getting all healed up when her husband came down with a liver disease...he had a liver transplant last year and just recently came home....The day before her husband came home my nephew [her brother] suddenly went into a coma...he has Encephalitis and is just now beginning to regain some of his functions...scarey stuff.
Here is an Email I got from my niece's son...he is doing a fund raiser for his uncle [my nephew] I just thought it was so cute and worth sharing....This kid won't worry about shaving his head...he saw his mothers hair fall out and grow back, saw his dad on deaths door and come home after a year....

Hi,
>
> This is Reece Tyler, in conjunction with a school project called "Making a
> Difference", I would like to make a special request. I want to raise money
> for my Uncle Robin, his wife Anna, & their son Dayne.
> My Uncle Robin has been in a coma since March 8th, as a result of a virus
> in the brain.
> He is slowly recovering at the hospital in Victoria B.C.. Unfortunately
> Uncle Robin, who is a city bus driver, hadn't been there long enough to
> qualify for any disability insurance. Anna is now looking after Uncle
> Robin & their baby boy Dayne, so they don't have any income coming in.
> We were overwhelmed with the support & generosity my family received when
> we were going through our own health issues over the past 2 1/2 years.
> Now I want to do my part for Uncle Robin & his family.
> I want to raise money in exchange for shaving my head. Once the money is
> raised the person who is the highest bidder will be the one to shave my
> head (my Mom & Dad are hoping to do that).
> I've attached a picture of my current hair style, that I've been growing
> for a year.
> Please help in any way that you can, no amount is too small.
> Donations can be mailed to me at:
> Reece Tyler
> 11 Shannon Hill SW
> Calgary, AB
> T2Y 2Y6
> If writing a cheque, please make it payable to:
> R. Tyler
> You can also email donations to:
> [email protected]
> I plan to get the haircut on or before May 20th.
>
> Thank you for your generosity.
>
> Reece Tyler

ReeceSmall.jpg

>

Man NW, that sounds like what my friends family has been going through
except the father died, The daughter has a brain tumor and so on. Each
one of his family has some serious issue going on except 1 brother who
is a degenerate and stole money from all of them while they were not
looking!

NW,

I needed this post today. I had my annual bad customer experience today. In 4 years of the store, I have had one significant customer problem each year and today was that day. I was feeling down and sorry for myself. Shame on me!

I have always thought that God used these events to remind us how lucky we are and how thankful we should be for what we have, not whine and complain about what we don't have. I will make a contribution and if I win, will you do the honors of shaving his head for me?

This young fellow is running this out of his mother's kitchen...don't know about the PayPal....

I would shave his head....think his folks want to tho.

He's doing a really neat thing...don't feel obligated...I just wanted to share the great thing he is doing...and he has been through so much.....
His Dad wouldn't let the kids see him in the hospital, he was a mere skeleton...the kids are so happy to have their Dad home now....so now he is trying to help out his Uncle [my nephew]. My nephew, as well as his bus driving jobhas a Paint Ball Park on Vancouver Island...they had a benefit for him too...it's so great how people help out other people that they don't even know...makes you feel good inside.

Thanks for looking

What an awesome kid....I know you are proud of him.
Just a suggestion, If George or one the moderators wanted to handle it I would recommend anyone wanting to donate would send it to this individual and the monies colllected would be sent on behalf of the FVW Forum.

Here is an update from my neice.....Thank You everyone...even if you didn't send anything...prayers count the most.

Hello Everybody:

Here are the pictures of Reece's head shave! This was the shortest he was willing to go! As you can tell he wasn't very happy but has quickly become accustomed to not having hair in his eyes. I was very happy to see my kids face again! It was all for a great cause and we are very proud of what he accomplished both for himself and Uncle Robin. We are very excited to report that from one little boys head of hair he managed to raise $2,116. This will help Robin, Anna and Dayne immensely during Robin's road to recovery.

The latest update on Robin is that he has been moved to the rehabilitation ward where he will be assessed over the next 3 weeks to find out where he needs the most improvement. He is ravenously eating mushy hospital food and happily admits that he is probably the only one that likes it! Today he had "piggy" for lunch, as he has to ask what it is because he cannot identify it. His eye sight is quite bad and he finds that frustrating when he used to be able to read 2 books a week and now cannot read the numbers to use the phone. The brain is being rewired to learn everything again…all of his muscles have been affected.

When he talks he speech is slurred and he says he walks with a swagger like John Wayne with a walker. He has lost over 30 pounds and thought it was quite comical when the nurses assumed that he was over 6 feet tall. He said "No, short and thick". His emotions are on overdrive which I am sure will be very cleansing for him and he is anxious to get home!

We must give a huge Thank You to all who have supported Reece's "Making a Difference" fundraiser. The project was both an education and a rewarding experience for us all. Our expectations were far exceeded due to the overwhelming contributions of generous friends and family (and some strangers). We feel very fortunate to be surrounded by the kindness and compassion from people like yourselves that help ease and support those who need it! Once again, we truly appreciate all that everyone has done and this does prove that one little person can make a difference.

Thank you to all,

With Love and Laughter,
Reece
(Roxanne, Randel and Centaine)
PS Please have a great summer and Reece wants everyone to wish that his hair grows back fast!
IMG_2006_1Small.jpg
IMG_2007_2Small.jpg
IMG_2010_3Small.jpg
IMG_2017_4Small.jpg

Latest posts

Back