This ought to keep the Maytag repairman busy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
Maytag recalls 1.7 million dishwashersBy the CNN Wire Staff
June 3, 2010 7:29 a.m. EDT

The recall includes select Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air, Admiral, Magic Chef, Performa and Crosley dishwashers.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Maytag recalls 1.7 million dishwashers for posing fire hazard
Dishwashers made between Feb '06 and April '10
Company sets up website to inform consumers

RELATED TOPICS
Maytag Corporation
Product Recalls
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
(CNN) -- This ought to keep the Maytag repairman busy for a while.

The appliance manufacturer, along with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, announced on Thursday the recall of about 1.7 million dishwashers made by the company between February 2006 and April 2010.

"An electrical failure in the dishwasher's heating element can pose a serious fire hazard," said the recall notice issued by the CPSC.

"Maytag has received 12 reports of dishwasher heating element fires that have resulted in fires and dishwasher damage, including one report of extensive kitchen damage from a fire," the CPSC said. There have been no reports of injuries.

The recall includes select Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air, Admiral, Magic Chef, Performa and Crosley brands manufactured by Maytag.

The company has set up a website where customers can check their unit's serial number to see if it is included in the recall -- www.repair.maytag.com. Consumers will be able to choose between having their dishwasher repaired or accepting a rebate toward the purchase of a new dishwasher.

The Maytag repairman has been a staple of the company's corporate image. Since 1967, Maytag has touted its quality by showing a bored repairman with nothing to do.

Maytag has gone down hill the last few years, so that is why I bought a Bosch dishwasher last year. It is oh so great.

I've got a whirlpool, so Ima be eatin' off clean dishes this month while Maytag owners wait for a repairman. So sorry :(

When I bought my house in 2000 I put in all Maytag appliances. The refidgerator was crap and I replaced it with a whirlpooh 4 years later. The stove is ok most of the time but will probably replace in next couple of years but the dishwasher has been fantastic. Front loading washer/dryer have been ok also. I would not buy Maytag again. I like Whirlpooh.

When I bought my house in 2000 I put in all Maytag appliances. The refidgerator was crap and I replaced it with a whirlpooh 4 years later. The stove is ok most of the time but will probably replace in next couple of years but the dishwasher has been fantastic. Front loading washer/dryer have been ok also. I would not buy Maytag again. I like Whirlpooh.

Well I hate to be the one to tell you but whirlpool and maytag are one and the same, they merged a couple of years back. I did hear that they improved the washer line but the other applicances are still pretty much crap.

Yes, you are right, I did know that. All the other appliances are mostly made by the same company also. I was going to get a new stove this year than decided to put it off. I like to go to Sears and see what they have to say as they have the most brands. Also they are the most expensive. After looking everywhere I was going to buy it at Lowes if I got one. I bought my refrigerator at Lowe's but had to go to a store where no one knew me (since I worked for the competitor). They by far had the best service and price for the whirlpool refrigerator I wanted.

I have a Whirlpool washer/dryer - love those - have a Kenmore fridge - love that - have a Frigidaire oven - love that.

I have a Maytag dishwasher - had so much trouble with it - got the store to replace and it went with a kitchen aid - been alright so far.

When i bought my house in 2000 I also bought all new appliances as part of the deal and went all Maytag, Ive replaced a motor in the fridge, threw out the washer and the dishwasher needs a gasket now as it leaks just a bit, just enough to cause a small puddle while doing the dishes. I shove a towel in between the 2 cabinet faces and it stops all but I do need to make the call soon. Oh, I had to replace the overhead microwave also as that crapped out. Would not recomend that brand to anyone!

Latest posts

Back