This is the only time I wish I was Americian

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSwiner

Reaction score
Because I am a proud Canadian but I can't vote for these two amazing girls on America's Got Talent :( :( . Not only because they have Cystic Fribrosis but they did do better tonight to prove all the nay sayers wrong . Even if they don't get to go on further in the show I think they taught people to go for thier own dreams .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs43ykiOKcI[/ame]

My wife watches all the programs like this she can. She really gets going with American Idol.
I enjoy seeing talent, but have gotten disenchanted with all the shows like this simply because of the big money machine behind it.
I also have become very tired of seeing so many people being openly humilated for the profit it brings. It's not setting a very good example to the rest of the kids growing up today who get to thinking it's proper to do the same.

It's pretty obivious you haven't watched this show especially since Howie joined it this year . If you can't take constructive instructions then you shouldn't go on these shows .Also you missed the whole point they are on there or you would have gone right to the site and voted for them .

My wife watches all the programs like this she can. She really gets going with American Idol.
I enjoy seeing talent, but have gotten disenchanted with all the shows like this simply because of the big money machine behind it.
I also have become very tired of seeing so many people being openly humilated for the profit it brings. It's not setting a very good example to the rest of the kids growing up today who get to thinking it's proper to do the same.

I agree. Take that idiot (the Indian that thinks he does impressions). What a fool. I simply can not watch people like that. How can they be so stupid?

I should think foreigners would always want to be Americans. It's the natural order of things. Have you seen a doctor about this?

-facetious Mud

It's pretty obivious you haven't watched this show especially since Howie joined it this year . If you can't take constructive instructions then you shouldn't go on these shows .Also you missed the whole point they are on there or you would have gone right to the site and voted for them .

The idea is to vote for the best act. Not to vote for someone just because they have a disability. If looking beyond the disability and they are the best then fine, but what justice are you doing them if you're not being honest. Yes, i agree they are cute and they are good, but not necessarily the best. Just one Americans opinion!

I should think foreigners would always want to be Americans. It's the natural order of things. Have you seen a doctor about this?

-facetious Mud

LOL, you are a good ole boy.

The idea is to vote for the best act. Not to vote for someone just because they have a disability. If looking beyond the disability and they are the best then fine, but what justice are you doing them if you're not being honest. Yes, i agree they are cute and they are good, but not necessarily the best. Just one Americans opinion!

I would agree with this and I would think most americans would be voting more on talent than physical looks or abilities. I haven't been watching much of this, more hit and miss but there was a guy on there that flew kites, he had a disability. I thought his act was fanastic but was it a million dollar act, no it wasn't. I agree you need to look at the act and judge whether or not it is good.

Only time you ever wanted to be an American, eh? This is what I have to say about that:

canada_americas_hat.jpg

Actually, I seen these sisters. I believe they were on Americas got talent not American idol. They were great. If I remeber, they both have Cystic Fibrosius.

Just seen lightining hit the shop next door, BRB!
Yikes'

Actually, I seen these sisters. I believe they were on Americas got talent not American idol. They were great. If I remeber, they both have Cystic Fibrosius.

Just seen lightining hit the shop next door, BRB!
Yikes'

Yes you are right but I believe Darlene said that and we are watching lighthing also but hasn't hit anthing yet. But it is getting very dark sitting on the deck and there are some strang bugs flying on my screen, LOL. I'm going inside I had enough, the wind is now picking up.

Hey, you are American. Last time I checked Canada was located in North America. Not the USA, but American nonetheless. (But I know what you meant).

Besides, every time I watch "Trailer Park Boys" I wish I was Canadian.

Last edited:
I love my Canadian brothers and sisters, but at no time EVER, would I wish to be anything less than the proud American that I am.

No offense Darlene.

:<Troy thats alright , I feel the same way about being American . And yeah this show has nothing to do with Americn Idol .Yes they both have Cystic Fribrosis infact all 4 kids had it but they recently lost the oldest child to Cystic Fribrosis .

For all the rest who say they only got there because of thier CF can yuou explain to me how the ugly woman with the huge eyebrows that went on for 11 minutes 9.5 minutes past what she was suppose singing the same song made it though ????????????? Would you be saying that about the guys that were singing for Haiti if they made it through ????? The girls probably won't win it but atleast they can say they gave every BREATH they had into trying to make thier dream come true .

When you have someone you love and kept alive for 20 years with everything the doctors told you to do get down to 44% lung function and land in the hospital unexpectly . And this peson would love to sing to anyone who would listen even if he's not that great singer . Just to be able to get better so they can get back to work like the rest of us .Then you can comment about how the girls aren't working or trying hard enough .

Hey, you are American. Last time I checked Canada was located in North America. Not the USA, but American nonetheless. (But I know what you meant).

Besides, every time I watch "Trailer Park Boys" I wish I was Canadian.

Yet again another stereo type that everyone thinks we are like that .NOT !!!!!!!!!

Darlene, yes the shock factor is always there when someone with any kind of a disadvantage does something great. Whether its a kid out of the Ghetto becoming a doctor, a handicapped person, or someone just totally unattractive wowing a crowd. We are pleased and proud for that person. Those two girls were excellent. Our comments were only that you vote for the best contestant, not the one the has come the furthest or the one with the biggest stumbling blocks. Your original post came across we should vote for them due to the fact they had disabilities and they were good but not necessarily the best.

Do these girls entertain me? Heck yeah, for a song or two.

Would I pay to see them in Vegas? No way!

Last edited:
No offense intended, if the accents were different, I would swear that show is set where I grew up in eastern kentucky.

Latest posts

Back