This is me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys say "aboot" for about as in Canada?

I once had a Dutch friend who pronounced about as "aboot"... go to Odessa, Delaware, just outside of Dover... lots of Dutch there. You'll hear the word "aboot" spoken there, just as you will hear "pahk the cahr" in Boston.
:b

Had a bonfire the other night and lost my lighter. Gotta light what you have with what you got. Decent idea unless you have a beard and moustache, had to shave the moustache the next day. LOL

Lots of new members in here. It is always neat to place a face with a name. If you want show us who you are post a pic, if not, we respect that as well.

:sm

:slp

Troy

Troy... what's wrong with your eyes?

Once we had a big bonfire in the dead of winter. We had some German Tourists in our circle. it was really cold and we were all hunkering close to the fire. I was worried about the Germans when one of the ladies leaned over and whispered in my ear, " Troy, das boot is on the fire!!!!", i jumped up and down and finally put out my mukluk with a beer. Just goes to prove, "das bier ist gut!"

Kinda like the Platters song Bill!!!!!!

In this case it was the smoke from my burning moustache.!!LOL

attachment.php

My wife Itsuko and I spent a week in Playa Del Carmen and this picture was taken last week. It was 80 degrees when we left Cancun and 23 degrees when we landed at Buffalo. Brrrr.
Larry

Very nice picutre. I wish I was there now!:br

I don't know who you were talking to in Canada that says aboot I have never heard that ,not even from the Newfies or Cape Bretoners that have some unique ways of saying some words .

I went fishing up in Maramichi Canada.... very east coast Canada....oh, ya they say "Aboot". Was difficult understanding my guide the first day....we had such a good day of fishing he said, "my fingers are sore from taking the hooks oot".

I once had a Dutch friend who pronounced about as "aboot"... go to Odessa, Delaware, just outside of Dover... lots of Dutch there. You'll hear the word "aboot" spoken there, just as you will hear "pahk the cahr" in Boston.
:b

People actually stop in Delaware? Delaware is one of those Blink States, You blink and you've already driven through it. HAHAHA Actually besides the pollution from the Du Pont plant it's not that bad. My future father in law lives just outside of Rehobeth with his wife.

These aren't the crabs your daddy warned you about!

Next time you buy King Crab and complain about the price, please remeber my fellow fisherman who have given their lives to get these!!!

I can only think of one thing to say, and that is Upper...."Dig it!!!"

(sorry Upper, nobody says it better than you Bro'!")

Troy
:D

Those critters a giants. I've seen that Deadliest Catch show and that's a lot fo work. Every time I see king crab at the market it makes me think of those icy boats being tossed around the bearing sea.
A shame I can't really eat shellfish any more (found out the hard way at age 16 after a lifetime of no issues and crab feasts on my birthday)

Had a bonfire the other night and lost my lighter. Gotta light what you have with what you got. Decent idea unless you have a beard and moustache, had to shave the moustache the next day. LOL

Lots of new members in here. It is always neat to place a face with a name. If you want show us who you are post a pic, if not, we respect that as well.

:sm

:slp

Troy

Those little torches are great for lighting a grill but I don't think the were talking about a face lol. Hope you healed up quick. :se

I went fishing up in Maramichi Canada.... very east coast Canada....oh, ya they say "Aboot". Was difficult understanding my guide the first day....we had such a good day of fishing he said, "my fingers are sore from taking the hooks oot".

Must have been because he was french trying to speak english since Maramichi ,New Brunswick actually New Brunswick over all has alot of french speaking people .Just to let you know there are 3 more east of NB ,Nova Scotia ,PEI and Newfoundland they do some serious fishing there .Also There are lots of good spots In Nova Scotia to fish also .

attachment.php

My wife Itsuko and I spent a week in Playa Del Carmen and this picture was taken last week. It was 80 degrees when we left Cancun and 23 degrees when we landed at Buffalo. Brrrr.
Larry

Nice place you got to check out when you were away ,nice to see a pic of you & your wife . Is it pronounced It-su- ko ? I have never seen that name before .

Nice place you got to check out when you were away ,nice to see a pic of you & your wife . Is it pronounced It-su- ko ? I have never seen that name before .
itsuko is a Japanese name. Took 4 years in high school

Hi Darlene-Yes that is how you pronounce it. And xanxer82 is correct, it is Japanese. We were married at the US Embassy in Tokyo in 1968 when I was stationed at a nearby Navy base.
Larry

People actually stop in Delaware? Delaware is one of those Blink States, You blink and you've already driven through it. HAHAHA Actually besides the pollution from the Du Pont plant it's not that bad. My future father in law lives just outside of Rehobeth with his wife.

You're absolutely correct about the DuPont pollution... in Delaware and in West Virginia... had an explosion at the Belle, WV DuPont plant the other day... killed a man who breathed the fumes... hopefully he didn't die in vain.
:rdo

I just joined, and I'll be bottling my first wine kit on Sunday, which was a selection international Amarone. I started into this hobby making beer, so here's a picture of me drinking a Belgian Tripel I made.
20743235908864312500949.jpg

wow it looks cold where you are..

double glazing?

Allie ( in 90% humidity this week.. and wearing sunblock)

Back