This is a joke, right?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian55

Senior Wino
Reaction score
Got this e-mail from WTSO today:

Dear Brian,

We are deeply sorry to inform you that due to state regulations we are unable to ship to the state of Illinois at this time.

Please contact us with any questions or concerns.

We apologize for this inconvenience.
- WTSO

WHERE WE SHIP

As shipping alcohol is complicated, we suggest trying to purchase when you see something you would like to buy (if we can ship to your state/zip code then the order will go through). We are constantly updating our shipping licenses as laws are continually changing. If you have specific questions about shipping, please contact Customer Service.
https://www.wtso.com/content/shipping

I tried WTSO. I was not impressed. The hype of "direct from the winemaker" set my expectations high, but the wines they have sent me were mediocre at best. I quit them right after the introductory offer.

Try this guys. Down load the " vivino wine scanner " app. Next time you are out for dinner and ordering a wine, or in the store and looking for a good wine, snap the picture in the app, and it will find its ratings, price and other info. You can rate it as well. Then you will start getting notifications on wines and can purchase from the app straight to your door. I just purchased some wine that had scores of 94-96 greatly discounted. The wine is great and so was the service. I have zero affiliation with the app or service I'm just an engineer and geek that likes wine and gadgets. This app is very cool.

I tried WTSO. I was not impressed. The hype of "direct from the winemaker" set my expectations high, but the wines they have sent me were mediocre at best. I quit them right after the introductory offer.

It isn't losing WTSO that concerned me, I agree, the wines are merely an ok buy. Illinois resorting to archaic protectionist laws is the real joke.

Try this guys. Down load the " vivino wine scanner " app. ... I have zero affiliation with the app or service I'm just an engineer and geek that likes wine and gadgets. This app is very cool.

I +1 the Vivino app. It's almost idiot proof and so very easy.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your weird state rules. :(

I quit them right after the introductory offer.

That is the best thing to do with any of those "clubs". Get the first case for $60 - $70, then be done.
Most go to $119 - $139 per case after the introductory offer.

John: Do you mean "Naked Wines". I recall a few people trying Naked Wines, which offers an introductory case for ~$60, but it was hit and miss, 'direct from the winemaker' clubs. WTSO is not a club.

It isn't losing WTSO that concerned me, I agree, the wines are merely an ok buy. Illinois resorting to archaic protectionist laws is the real joke.

Brian,

Have you previously been able to receive shipments from WTSO?

Actually I have tried both but I admit that I was thinking of Naked Wines. Sorry about that. I have been having more and more "senior moments" lately. I am beginning to wonder if I have DAIN BRAMAGE.

That being said, I have had the same experience with WTSO. The problem is that they offer mediocre wines that nobody has heard of and then they build it up like it was some great find. It is another case of having high expectations and then being left flat.

Latest posts

Back