This Forums Attitude and Everyday Postings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything that was said in this forum, and seeing that it is a wine forum I say "I'll drink to that and invite everyone to do the same".

That sure was a nice OP, Steve! I learned to make wine by bumbling around and never gave up bumbling around. This place has in a short time added a few cool twists and tips to make my wine bumble better. And like most really good forums, it is self-correcting over time so that a consensus does emerge on most general topics. You never see a raging personal flame war over whether or not to sanitize, for example. :D

It's a polite place.

If I ask a question, I am putting myself in a vulnerable position, and I have seen people get raked over on other forums at times just for asking. Not here. That speaks volumes.

That sure was a nice OP, Steve! I learned to make wine by bumbling around and never gave up bumbling around. This place has in a short time added a few cool twists and tips to make my wine bumble better. And like most really good forums, it is self-correcting over time so that a consensus does emerge on most general topics. You never see a raging personal flame war over whether or not to sanitize, for example. :D

It's a polite place.

If I ask a question, I am putting myself in a vulnerable position, and I have seen people get raked over on other forums at times just for asking. Not here. That speaks volumes.

I just can't believe you said such a thing!!!
Just kidding. Thought I'd shake you up a bit!!! :try

You are right, we try to keep things friendly here, just like I am sure the FVW forum did. We can disagree without being too disagreeable. I think we do a pretty good job of it, too. :dg

LOOK I WAS JUST SAYING! NO NEED TO FLAME ME, EVERYONE IS ON MY SIDE ANYWAY! :ft

:)

Gee, that 'tude takes away a lot of energy I could be putting into getting drunk!
:dg
Er, scratch that, I really mean making wine! Yeah, that's it!

Good morning to all

.:hug I have belonged to both websites, AND somehow I feel like I'm losing an old friend. I hope all the other winemakers who I've become acquainted with on the other side will continue on this site, on which there are a lot of great people, good conversation, and great debates, but never taken to the edge , my motto.. Think outside the box ......... talk to you soon on -w
WHEN GOOD WINES GONE BAD OR CLEANING UP AND SPECIALITY WINES.:mny

I may be late to agree, but I do so with gusto!!!

I have learned everything I know about making wine right here! You guys/gals are indirectly responsible for the awesome quality of my wines. I thank you. My wife thanks you. My friends and family thank you.

And I thank you again! It would have taken me a long time and a lot of trial and error to get to where I am today, thanks to you all. I only hope to give back to the newer noobs what has been given me. Kindness. Curtesy. Respect.

:b

Right-sided Texas

Hey, Tony it won't be long now. Amarone almost ready to be opened two months after my hands off it and my bottle opener the time is drawing close..:sp

Hey, Tony it won't be long now. Amarone almost ready to be opened two months after my hands off it and my bottle opener the time is drawing close..:sp
Happy St. Pat's, Joe. I still have a bottle of your raspberry to try. Thought it would be great this summer on my back porch.

Time in a bottle

Yes Tony, time is drawing near. Open up the raspberry wine anytime you want, serve it chilled, talk to you soon. Amarone is my favorite,........:br

Back