THINKING

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In thinking about this topic, I want to offer a serious observation. There is no limit on the amount of wine an individual can produce for personal use. The limitations of 100 gallons for one person and 200 gallons for 2 or more adults relate only to what can be produced without tax liability. Additional amounts can be produced without penalty but an alcohol tax of $1.07 - $3.07 (depending on alcohol content) per gallon is due.

In thinking about this topic, I want to offer a serious observation. There is no limit on the amount of wine an individual can produce for personal use. The limitations of 100 gallons for one person and 200 gallons for 2 or more adults relate only to what can be produced without tax liability. Additional amounts can be produced without penalty but an alcohol tax of $1.07 - $3.07 (depending on alcohol content) per gallon is due.
try reading arkansas law, in the USA, now that i think on it tht was the law when i first got on here, 3 years ago the counties around us went wet, my country is still a dry county
Dawg

And to be able to pay that tax, you must become licensed and probably bonded. As home winemakers we can produce 100 or 200 gallons with no tax, no license required, provided our state does not have greater restrictions placed on us.

And to be able to pay that tax, you must become licensed and probably bonded. As home winemakers we can produce 100 or 200 gallons with no tax, no license required, provided our state does not have greater restrictions placed on us.
licensed-bonded, and your winery must be in a separate approved building with approved stainless steel equipment, to the tune of better the $500,000, (micro winery) cmason1957 hit the nail on the head, not to mention i am in a dry county, your allowed one gallon store bought whiskey, an/or one case store bought beer, the town closest to me is around 400 population , meaning everybody knows everybody's business, now as for your wine cellar that i would have to look up, but the wines laws and alcohol for fuel laws i have bookmarked, i'm older, very disabled and could not outrun bubba in prison,
Dawg

and where i live it is 200 gallons period, not 1 person, or 2 person,
Dawg

Arkansas state laws for Lawrence County Arkansas, permit production of a maximum of 200 gallons per year, for personal use only, you are not allowed to sell or trade one drop. although you may freely give away to any legal age citizens, when i started this last time, i contacted the ABC, which paraphrasing here you must have tons of money for the building, the proper commercial equipment, a rather large bond, or feel free to officially make your 200 gallons for personal use, yes if you drink some, give some away no one will ever know you produced more than 200 hundred gallons, but in the last 6 or 7 years 87 gallon was my largest production and that easily lasts me better than 2 years, this year i have 84 gallons bulk aging so far, i might go for another 60 gallons for this year, pear/apple blend,,, sour cherry,,, peach,, beyond that i ain't sure, but yes the Arkansas state legislature, for you see in lawrence county you must drive miles to buy alcohol since lawrence county is a dry county, zero booze,
Dawg

and where i live it is 200 gallons period, not 1 person, or 2 person,
Dawg

Those rules are federal rules. Arkansas, being part of the US, is subject to them: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-1998-title27-vol1/pdf/CFR-1998-title27-vol1-sec24-75.pdf So, in Arkansas, a household with two or more adults may produce 200 gallons, but a household with only 1 adult may produce no more than 100 gallons per calendar year.

It is true that the state of Arkansas only seems to require a permit for households producing more than 200 gallons/year, without regard for how many adults are in your household, but that is a different matter. Home Manufacture of Alcohol State Statutes

Those rules are federal rules. Arkansas, being part of the US, is subject to them: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-1998-title27-vol1/pdf/CFR-1998-title27-vol1-sec24-75.pdf So, in Arkansas, a household with two or more adults may produce 200 gallons, but a household with only 1 adult may produce no more than 100 gallons per calendar year.

It is true that the state of Arkansas only seems to require a permit for households producing more than 200 gallons/year, without regard for how many adults are in your household, but that is a different matter. Home Manufacture of Alcohol State Statutes
yep i have had 5 circuit judges clear me from the police, on the way i do things, everybody tends my business, so i took this to the county level, the state level and the federal level, i also got our fishing laws revised, the 8 daily limit an 16posseon limit changed to once it is in the freeze the 16 posson of fish is unlimited as long as you do not break the daily limit, or the 16 in the fridge limit, as well as brandy is technically legal as long as no grains are used, but that is like playing with a mad copperhead, at an average of 87 gallons i have no fear of being raided by the ABC,
Dawg

yup i stand corrected, 100 fer one,,,, 200 fer 2,,,. yet 200 before taxes. been close to 7 years since i read the law,
Dawg

HoundDawg standing up to the pol - cat's!
well i wish this was my only wrong but if i claimed that i'd be feared of lighting hitting me,,
although i after reading the law,,, I checked my first post says i got 120 to go whew, yep i was mixed up it should of said only 60 gallon so far this year, I SWEAR IT,,,,,,,cough
Dawg

Latest posts

Back