Quantcast

Thinking outside the box

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
Oh well , it most have wanted to visit 🤔 that one finished also just fine.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
I've made a lot of wine over 30 years, and a ton and I mean a ton ok kits , they've allow me to learn , create and understand the wine making process as well as learning the science and art of the Craft 🙌, I've learned most of all being a successful wine maker is to have fun with this hobby.😎

Kraffty

Reaction score
Hi Joe, got a question on a Orchard Mist kit, first time I've done one. I've upped the SG to 1.08 and after 4 days its dropped to 1.032. Instructions call for 14 days in primary, I'm guessing I'll be at 1.00 by Monday (8 days). Can you think of a good reason to let it sit in the primary after reaching 1.00? I'm thinking of moving to the carboy and maybe adding a tablespoon of orange zest at that time, the kit is the Seville Orange Sangria.
Thanks,

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
I've found it's always better to move wine from the primary to the secondary with still some work to do, ( gassing off) I let the wine set for a week and gently shake it on occasion and yes you can add the ZEST . ( usually zest goes in the primary) for a week. Before adding the Chems.👍.
Just did the white Sangria 😁 getting ready to bottle.🍇

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
COFFEE PORT ,one of my favorite port kits with a twist.

Attachments

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
PHASE#2......for this kit to come through it needs to sit bottled or barreled for at least one year, then enjoy. I preferred bottled then you can see the progression of this port as it matures.

Attachments

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
something different comes your way??? This one is a real winner just watch. it has it all color aroma,taste and a great body do to the addition of fresh peaches in the primary..

Attachments

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
My space hasn.t changed much over the years.

Attachments

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
A Zesting we will go, be creative in your wine making thought and styles.. use fresh fruit and different enhancements to make it your wine special.

Attachments

Latest posts