• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

They are baaack!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wifes and hidding!

no matter how hard i would try lucille would some how find out,then i would get the (look),you know what i mean:po:po:po:po:po:po:po:po:po:po:po

Better to ask forgiveness than permission sometimes. :D I just started this hobby and already have purchased four carboys in as many weeks. Now have two 6's, a 5 and a 3. That should hold me for a while... I hope...

Thanks for the heads up. That's a great deal.

Thanks for the "Heads Up" on the carboys, I just ordered 5. I dont think she will notice, hidden between my 30 others!

See, I'm up to around 20 now, I don't think I could keep them full!!!!:dg:dg:dg I've already been cut off with the 100 some gallons I've got going now :i

See, I'm up to around 20 now, I don't think I could keep them full!!!!:dg:dg:dg I've already been cut off with the 100 some gallons I've got going now :i
Steve I used to say the same thing. Now I don't worry about the fact if I have 10 or so sitting empty. You see, you are now doing Chilean, then in August you fill up with California juices. Right after you do that, the local harvests are coming in around here and there are so many more things to get. Last fall I had to sneak 6 more carboys in the house after the wife went to bed. And to think I told her when I bought the last five before that on Craigs List that I would probably sell a few of them because I won't need them all. LOL

steve i used to say the same thing. Now i don't worry about the fact if i have 10 or so sitting empty. You see, you are now doing chilean, then in august you fill up with california juices. Right after you do that, the local harvests are coming in around here and there are so many more things to get. Last fall i had to sneak 6 more carboys in the house after the wife went to bed. And to think i told her when i bought the last five before that on craigs list that i would probably sell a few of them because i won't need them all. Lol

pluging my ears yelling naw, NAW, NAW, NANANANA :)

Wow, back up to full price in the same day. That was really quick. I am glad some of the gang scored. Keep alert for the sale to return. It does so about every month or so.

Wow, back up to full price in the same day. That was really quick. I am glad some of the gang scored. Keep alert for the sale to return. It does so about every month or so.

Rocky, A few years ago some members were buying wine presses for $89.00 for about a week before they went back up to around $200. Julie was one of the lucky ones.

Wow! Even using super saver shipping, my carboy is being delivered today. Go Amazon!

May have to start that Showcase Lodi Zinfandel this weekend.

Are these so much better than others that they deserve a $55 price tag? The $30 sounds good, but midwest has 6G/23L glass carboys at $38 normal price. I realize they aren't the same brand, and don't know the quality of these, but $55 normal price really seems pretty high to me. Anyone know any more about this?

$89 wine press.... would snatch that in a second!

Are these so much better than others that they deserve a $55 price tag? The $30 sounds good, but midwest has 6G/23L glass carboys at $38 normal price. I realize they aren't the same brand, and don't know the quality of these, but $55 normal price really seems pretty high to me. Anyone know any more about this?

$89 wine press.... would snatch that in a second!

I am not sure how Amazon works it, but when they sell the carboys for $30 they are sold by and ship from Amazon. The $55 price is from a company called Home-Brew and they are sold and shipped by them. I think they are in Massachusettes. I am guessing that Amazon arranges for a certain number of the carboys from PakLab and when they are gone, the listing for 23 liter carboys reverts to Home-Brew. We can buy them here in Ohio for less than $35 at L'Uva Bella in Lowellville.

Latest posts

Back