The winemaking Gods and Demons!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I know we all joke about the winemaking Gods smiling on us from time to time, but I've finally realized that it's a balance..
Sooner or later the winemaking Demon has to remind you he is watching....
Just a day or so ago I posted in the thread about a broken hydrometer... and knew it was probably a mistake...
Well, I didn't break mine,,,
I CAN'T FIND IT!!! I KNOW WHERE I WAS SUPPOSED TO PUT IT. I KNOW WHERE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE...
BUT THERE IT AIN'T!!!!!
Is 6:54 am too early to start drinking???

I know we all joke about the winemaking Gods smiling on us from time to time, but I've finally realized that it's a balance..
Sooner or later the winemaking Demon has to remind you he is watching....
Just a day or so ago I posted in the thread about a broken hydrometer... and knew it was probably a mistake...
Well, I didn't break mine,,,
I CAN'T FIND IT!!! I KNOW WHERE I WAS SUPPOSED TO PUT IT. I KNOW WHERE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE...
BUT THERE IT AIN'T!!!!!
Is 6:54 am too early to start drinking???

there seems to be a connection with making skeeter pee and things disappearing...u got any skeeter pee brewing, lol

No but I did!
I think it's just a deal of making a lot at one time,,,, trying to follow everyones suggestions here to rely on the hydrometer,,,,
and of course, sampling my wine while I'm making more.
So now I'm off to look some other places the Wine Demon might have hidden it.
Gawd, I hate getting old and putting thing somewhere to make certain I can find it and then not remembering where I put it!

Going to the local winemaking store this weekend. Think I'll pick up an extra hydro. I have been thru the where in the world did it go thing, think wine gremlins move my tools. Also do all my winemaking over cement. Since I am something of a klutz probably would be good to have a spare. The other part of this is the closest wine making store that I know of is 100 + miles away.

Found it!!!
Somehow it, storage tube and all, got knocked out of the drawer it was in and down into the pots and pans below.

I still think it was a demon....
But I better never let her know I blamed her.

Rather than the Gods or demons messing with you could there be a direct correlation between the amount of wine consumed and items lost or broken?:sm

some of my best creations were made under the influence (of the spirit and not the demon.)

Back