The time has come.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfire322

Reaction score
After four months of living in a big glass container, bottling is next Tuesday! I'll be racking the wine into a new carboy tonight, as well.

Before I go all in, I think I'm going to do a few "practice bottles" using water to get used to the floor corker, perfecting the actual filling process, and trying a few corks with a different amount of "wetness" (completely dry, a spray, and a quick dip).

Since I read that you have a floor corker, cork them bottles dry. They will compress just fine. If you must and SWMBO thinks I must, I do give mine a very, very small spritz of sanitizer, not even enough to get them all wet. If you were using the two-handed knuckle buster, maybe a quick dip would be in order.

I learned my lesson about soaking them, when I had a few corks where wine eventually started seeping out of the tops after bottling.

Since I read that you have a floor corker, cork them bottles dry. They will compress just fine. If you must and SWMBO thinks I must, I do give mine a very, very small spritz of sanitizer, not even enough to get them all wet. If you were using the two-handed knuckle buster, maybe a quick dip would be in order.

I learned my lesson about soaking them, when I had a few corks where wine eventually started seeping out of the tops after bottling.

I had thought a quick spritz would be good just to knock off any cork particles that were in the bag.

Thanks all for the advice!!! :h

Latest posts

Back