The Story of My Wife

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of ya Johnna and Dave. Life is like the tide, sometimes it comes it and brings us good times and there is rushing out and takes them away. We can never change the tide but just try and put yourself in position to take care of both times. Hang in there the tide will change.

Wow. I couldn't even respond yesterday to your post. It makes all of my worries and complaints seen trivial. I wish I could do more, but Ill offer my thoughts and prayers for you both. It sounds like you are doing all that you can and I hope it will work out. I truly will pray for a good outcome. Best to you.

Dave and Johnna
I sit here after reading how you opened up to us all - and I am speechless.
This forum I have become close with alot of people - better than my own family at times. Thanks for sharing !
We will be praying for you as well as we spread the word to our friends as well, please keep us updated.

Your friend
Steve

I wish I had words to express the gratitude for all the kindness, hopes, and prayers. I'm fighting a sinus cold right now, and my brain is kinda fuddled, but I'll tell you how the hearing went.

We drove an hour to the SS Disability Center in Columbus early on Wednesday morning. We met our lawyer, Kristina, who had flown in from Boston to represent us in our appeal for Johnna's SSI. I was not allowed to be present, but Johnna filled me in on how it turned out. She was approved on the spot! The judge was impressed with her long work history, her honesty, and her candor. The judge told her, "You have worked your whole life, and now you can't. This is the least we can do for you." He went on to express that Johnna was the reason why this program exists. He was kind and thoughtful and understanding with her medical conditions. Needless to say, we both wept when she told me. It was quite a relief. We still have a fight to go woth the insurance company, but this really takes the pressure off.

Thank you all from the depths of my heart. I hope for just the same kind of outcome for everyone fighting for their rights under extreme circumstances.

I'm going to go take a nap...zzzzzz

I wish I had words to express the gratitude for all the kindness, hopes, and prayers. I'm fighting a sinus cold right now, and my brain is kinda fuddled, but I'll tell you how the hearing went.

We drove an hour to the SS Disability Center in Columbus early on Wednesday morning. We met our lawyer, Kristina, who had flown in from Boston to represent us in our appeal for Johnna's SSI. I was not allowed to be present, but Johnna filled me in on how it turned out. She was approved on the spot! The judge was impressed with her long work history, her honesty, and her candor. The judge told her, "You have worked your whole life, and now you can't. This is the least we can do for you." He went on to express that Johnna was the reason why this program exists. He was kind and thoughtful and understanding with her medical conditions. Needless to say, we both wept when she told me. It was quite a relief. We still have a fight to go woth the insurance company, but this really takes the pressure off.

Thank you all from the depths of my heart. I hope for just the same kind of outcome for everyone fighting for their rights under extreme circumstances.

I'm going to go take a nap...zzzzzz

Congrats Dave! I am so happy for you. Nice to see that a government program actually help the intended people and that prayers were answered.

I am so glad for you. Now you can relax and (hopefully) concentrate on getting your better half well.

Dave,

We don't know each other and this might be the first direct interaction that we have had on this forum, but the resolution of this particular battle for you made me teary-eyed. My wife is a paralegal in Social Security law, so in a very vicarious manner I know what you and Johnna have been through legally. I am VERY happy to know that the correct decision was made in your favor, because, although I would like to believe otherwise, this is not the norm. I wish you the same luck in dealing with the insurance company.

Todd

Right now, I'm doing this: :db

Congrats. I'm so glad to hear that went well for you two.

I'm pretty sure you two had the most tears, but I'm damn sure those werent those ONLY tears.. Glad to see one of us got a Win

Now I gotta go shower.. My shirts soaked; the napkin didnt last..

Thanks for the update

Dave
I have tears of joy for the both of you - we will let everyone know who was praying for you both. I am really glad that the judge had a kind heart !!
You both deserve it -

Thanks alot for the update

Great news! I'm glad someone who needs it is getting it. Hoping for the same outcome with the insurance!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back