The Skeeters almost got me this Summer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
(AP)Fairbanks, Alaska
18 June, 2012
Lee Wainwright
Sub-Arctic Correspondent, Alaska Bureau

FLOWER PICKER
EXPECTED TO MAKE FULL RECOVERY

A local man who Alaska Sate Troopers found walking incoherently in the Gold Hill area late Sunday evening is expected to recover from what appears to be an unusual attack by a band of vicious mosquitoes known to inhabit the area.​

Troy M. Sauve, a long time resident and self proclaimed home wine maker was gathering wild rose petals along the road to use in his craft when he was attacked.​

Troopers found Mr. Sauve walking dazed and confused Sunday on Gold Hill Road, from what medics described as "a significant loss of blood due to the assault by the menacing insects."​

Mosquitoes in the Fairbanks area have long been known to be "quite large and agressive", according to University of Alaska entomologist, Bonnie Frank. "We have actually heard of instances where they have carried off small children and pets", she said.​

"Apparently he (Sauve) was gathering rose petals on the side of the road when he encountered a band of mosquitoes that did not approve of his presence", said StateTrooper Steven Wallace who found him. "He is lucky we came across him before it was too late."​

Sauve told Troopers he knew he was in trouble when he counted 27 mosquitos on his right hand alone.​

When asked why he did have any mosquito dope with him, Sauve promtply said, "It will be a cold day hell before I even share one drop of my wine with the little bastards, let alone anything else they may enjoy!"​

He was transported to Fairbanks Memorial Hopital, where he was examined and later released.​

Sure Troy,
One little sip and he flys drunkenly away lookin for a friend to tell him "Hey bud, wanna try some high octane blood?" That will get em swarmin on you every time. lmao, Arne.

Back