The REAL skeeter pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryW

Reaction score
This is the REAL stuff!
My wife has an outdoor fountain and it had a MILLION...ok, HUNDREDS of skeeter larvae in it.
I thought, "Hey, this ain't gonna work!", ran into the house and grabbed some campden tabs. Crushed a couple and threw 'em in and watched. It didn't phase them a bit. They were still having a hell of a good time so thinking fast I decided to hit them with another thing close at hand. Lemon juice. It's acidic. It should croak a few.
It was getting dark, so, satisfied I had taken some lives, I went to bed. Next night I get home from work and my wife asks why it smells funny at her fountain. I explain what happened and go take a look. I'm greeted by a lovely lemon scent and some very happy skeeters. Well this sucks.
Not to be outdone I mix in a bunch of sugar, some tannin, some other stuff and siphon it into a 5 gallon carboy. Throw in some yeast and say, "Take that you little bast**ds!"
2 weeks later I checked it out and it's not bad....but it has a bite to it!

You had better be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:s Can you say Maleria or West Nile?

Dont let Seth find out about fermented skeeters, he may start a whole line of "critter wines".

LMAO D, I was thinking the same thing. You took the worms right out of my moth.

So...are you going to take the skeeter larvae and put them in a bag and smash them up and make some fresh skeeter pee with the pulp?

How come everytime I know I should say something sarcastic, the worms wont come?

I swear one of these days im gona make believers outta yall -_- It might have to be at my 2012 party but in the end everyone shall beleive.

Latest posts

Back