Quantcast

The REAL skeeter pee

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

LarryW

Reaction score
This is the REAL stuff!
My wife has an outdoor fountain and it had a MILLION...ok, HUNDREDS of skeeter larvae in it.
I thought, "Hey, this ain't gonna work!", ran into the house and grabbed some campden tabs. Crushed a couple and threw 'em in and watched. It didn't phase them a bit. They were still having a hell of a good time so thinking fast I decided to hit them with another thing close at hand. Lemon juice. It's acidic. It should croak a few.
It was getting dark, so, satisfied I had taken some lives, I went to bed. Next night I get home from work and my wife asks why it smells funny at her fountain. I explain what happened and go take a look. I'm greeted by a lovely lemon scent and some very happy skeeters. Well this sucks.
Not to be outdone I mix in a bunch of sugar, some tannin, some other stuff and siphon it into a 5 gallon carboy. Throw in some yeast and say, "Take that you little bast**ds!"
2 weeks later I checked it out and it's not bad....but it has a bite to it!

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
You had better be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:s Can you say Maleria or West Nile?

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Larry, if its still biting its not done fermenting!!!!

UglyBhamGuy

Advanced Noob.
Reaction score
Dont let Seth find out about fermented skeeters, he may start a whole line of "critter wines".

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
LMAO D, I was thinking the same thing. You took the worms right out of my moth.

LarryW

Reaction score
The skeeters probably weren't old..er aged enough.

bigabyte

Reaction score
So...are you going to take the skeeter larvae and put them in a bag and smash them up and make some fresh skeeter pee with the pulp?

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
How come everytime I know I should say something sarcastic, the worms wont come?

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
I swear one of these days im gona make believers outta yall -_- It might have to be at my 2012 party but in the end everyone shall beleive.