The perrils of the family winery....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
Well, as we all know in this day in time any job is a good job.. So i was thrilled to hear that the family winery was short on hands and they were gona be bottiling today. So today i did some general yardwork over at my grandparents winery and prepped the bottiling room for the work ahead of us tomorow...

I looked inside of the wine vat that we would be bottiling tomorow... Their is over 120 cases worth of wine in it.. Its gona be a long long day lol. Atleast a 6 to 8 hour job..

So i guess ya take the good with the bad eh?

Well, as we all know in this day in time any job is a good job.. So i was thrilled to hear that the family winery was short on hands and they were gona be bottiling today. So today i did some general yardwork over at my grandparents winery and prepped the bottiling room for the work ahead of us tomorow...

I looked inside of the wine vat that we would be bottiling tomorow... Their is over 120 cases worth of wine in it.. Its gona be a long long day lol. Atleast a 6 to 8 hour job..

So i guess ya take the good with the bad eh?

:):):):) that's right!

You will be "tasting" all along right?

Hey, that's cool. Working in a winery would be a dream job, unless, it was nothing but the harvesting.

Just got back from the winery. We bottled 108 cases of wine. We call it " Home for the holidays" it is 80 percent red muscidine 20 percent concord. What a day lol

I offered to help the friends of ours that own a winery in the fall when they get ready to bottle. It should be intersting, I'm looking forward to it.

I couldnt tell ya the name of the filler, but it is stainless steel with a rectangular tank on top that u can flip open. It has 6 stainless steel tubes that come out from the tank that open up when u push them up ( like when u put a wine bottle under em) We had a 5 person crew.

I worked palet stacking and bottle wash. We have a machine that shoots nitrogen and hot water ( plus whatever u want in the water) into the bottle to sanatize. So i was on the far right.

To the left of me working the bottle filler was my aunt, Left of her was brother working the italina made auto corker, Left of him was Uncle puttin on the pretty shrink wrap capsules on the bottles and then melting them with a heat machine. Left of him was my other aunt labeling.

We Switch around from time to time so we dont get burnt out on one job. We were able to bottle 108 cases in about 6 and a half hours so i think we made good time. Then we had to clean and sanatize the room. We keep the place ready for random inspection.

Latest posts

Back