The Perfect Enviroment ??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GettinCorked

Junior
Reaction score
Now that I have established myself here as a novice I'll be asking some basic type questions to get my wine making hobbie off the ground.....
First things first......I figure before I do anything I should provide the most suitable area for my new hobbie ............
"What is the perfect enviroment for a wine making area in my house"

Thanx,
Chris

I'm a newbie too, but as far as the average house goes, there is not really one ideal place to have it all.

Unless you have a cool - mid-60's F- year around, dark basement w/exhaust fan for fermenting, and with lots of shelves and cabinet/drawer space, plus it's own kitchen with a - sink w/filtered water tap, utility sink/tub, multiple fridges/kegerators, stove/microwave, and a large drain in the middle of a ceramic tile floor - included!

Otherwise, just squeeze your primaries and secondaries into a closet, put your test equipment, supplies, hoses, funnels, etc., into Wal-Mart bags, and then truck the necessaries back and forth between the kitchen and bathtub as needed.

Now jump in there and don't come out until something has foam on it and is bubbling!

Pogo

BTW - Is it just me, or does anyone else here have trouble previewing their post before submiting it!!!

EDIT: All of a sudden I'm having to log in again before this browser will submit my post...what's up with this...it's not fun having to fight with this site just to make a comment here!

SOMEBODY FIX IT!!!

Last edited:
I'd love to have a wine making area just as you described but unfortunately I"m stuck in our unused guest room. Oh well, you do what you gotta do.:D

Boy, I'm stuck with a mudroom and a couple of mini step ladders for the summer. They will graduate to a closet when temps start to dip (too soon!!!)

Latest posts

Back