The Lenten challange... Who is with me?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do know what the #1 ingredient in Cough Syrup is????

Sounds to me that you need the Hungarian Cure (Screaming hot shower, wrap yourself up, two fingers of good brandy, then go to bed). It works every time!

Three days before easter.
Hmm pretty sure easter is the third day. So Thursday Friday and Saturday is pushing it, bit today is my day.
My wife works in schools and is off for spring break
I took the rest of the week off.
Going to the coast with grand kids tomorrow and easter is grandsons birth day.
So
Tonight its dinner with the wife at home. Im plan to open a 2014 syrah that a customer gave me. Grapes from 2500' nearish red bluff he seemed to think it was a unique and recognized variety. From property he owns.
Im thinking steak chopped potato and onion casserole and grilled asparagus.

Aaaaand I woke up with a sore throat, congestion and a cough this morning. :( Maybe someone is trying to tell me to wait a few more days.
You need some alcohol on the back of your throat to scare the nasties away. Your immune system has been compromised by all of this fasting activity. Get to it (just use the cheaper stuff since you won't be able to taste it).

Well, the plan was we were to leave first thing Thursday morning and head to Williamsburg with some friends. Two days of fun riding roller coasters, etc at Busch Gardens. I was pretty miserable by Wednesday night. Mrs had been sick all week and decided she wasn't going. I was pretty sure that unless a miracle occurred, I wasn't either. Regardless, my wife packed a bag for the kids as I went to bed at 8:45. I woke up at 6:00, feeling like I'd been visited by the grim reaper. No way I was going anywhere. My Lent-closing celebration of a cold beer at the Festhaus had been derailed. But I continued the therapy I'd started the day before - Zicam every 2-3 hours and Airborne 2-3x a day. My youngest and I watched a movie late morning and I asked him how he liked it when it ended. He just looked at me and said: 'Dad, you look AND sound much better!'. You know what? He was right. So I decided to take a shower, pack a bag and see how I felt after that. If it didn't wear me down, I must be on the mend. Sure enough, all was good. We got on the road around 2pm (not exactly ideal when heading out of the DC area before a holiday weekend). Despite a little traffic, we got there and made it to our dinner reservations with our friends - where I enjoyed some Pinot they'd picked out.

Fast forward to yesterday and we had a fantastic day at the park. Morning rain ended around 10:30, and I think it scared everyone off. No lines to speak of and very light crowds. We rode, and rode and rode, sending sad-faced selfies to the wife at home during the day to make sure she knew we missed her. And I got to have a nice, big pale ale with lunch. Got back around 10pm last night, and slept like a baby. Still only feeling about 70% today, but so glad I was able to rally and get down there. The kids were really upset Thursday morning, but it all worked out. Turns out, with a high of 84 an a lot of sun, the park was packed on Thursday anyway. ;)

Back