The Lenten challange... Who is with me?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 22!!! I am officially up and over the summit.

It is very easy now. Even when the power went out, and with it water, heat, WIFI, and all things native to the 20th century, I did not even consider having a glass of "warm up".

Hop all is going as well with you folks.

Barrel topping included three small tastes. Otherwise, good! My cheat day is this coming Sunday.

<Whew...> At least I wasn't the first! Sunday was bottling day and dang if there wasn't 2 glasses left over. No 375 ml bottles anywhere to be found so the wife and I had to try the new creation. The pangs of desire didn't return, so I'll pick up my abstention tonight. @cgallamo - it wasn't a failure, we merely took a breather!

You write your own rules for this. ;) My rules include a pre-planned cheat day.

Day 29. Just 11 days to go. My lent ends on 3/23/2019.

Well it has been a wild week. 7 days without power and I have to admit that there were times when a glass of something would have really been nice, but I powered through and am very happy to say that I am still master of my own domain!

So, this is how lent has been so far..

a 50th wedding anniversary party for my Aunt and uncle,
4 weekends,
3 major snowstorms,
a week without electricity,
alone and bored in the house (wife when to Florida for 2 weeks)
2 dinners with my older brother. At one of these dinners, he made me watch the movie "Neat" (a doc about bourbon).
Several winery tasks completed.

All were "let's have a sip" events and all without so much as touching a drop. Not even a swirl-spit. I have to say that I did not miss it as much as I expected (but to say that I did not miss it at all would not be honest).

Now, time to start thinking about how I will break my "fast" a week from Friday. I should open something nice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back