The goal is to master this

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three attributes of a good winemaker: Be deliberate. Be patient. Be clean.

You get a bonus attribute: Don't get caught.

Welcome!
I take my word back. Almost impossible to do that in my country.
Can't find SO2 powder, Malolactic bacteria and perfect yeast in case I need it.

Also many other things which I probably don't know about yet

* prior to 1940 no one had the perfect yeast, they may have had cake bread yeast which might tolerate 7 to 8% alcohol
* prior to 1960 no one had malolactic bacteria
* metabisulphite started to be made in the 1870’s but wasn’t really available till the 1920’s, the old way (1600’s) to get free SO2 was to burn sulfur sticks in a wood barrel. Red grape wine has enough antioxidant in the skins that it had shelf life. Fruit and white grape could be made but due to oxidation have short shelf life.
* a canned food has nine log cycles of bacteria killed (1,000,000,000). Washing with hot water and soap will remove six log cycles, cold water can remove five log cycles. ,,,, ie just clean with hot water and soap
* grandpa fermented pickles and sour kraut and wine, a lot of the science today is letting one ferment safely ferment 100,000 liter tanks of pickles or sour kraut or wine. ,,, Science let’s us know that pH control acts as a fence keeping bad microbes out.
Almost impossible to do that in my country. Can't find SO2 powder, Malolactic bacteria and perfect yeast in case I need it.
The biggest invention for successfully making modern wine was the glass bottle and cork, ,,, ie keeping oxygen off the finished food product.

wine, a liquid with alcohol in it is the first step in making a natural vinegar, there is a lot of vinegar used in cooking in your country, ,,, a good vinegar might start with a feedstock at 18% alcohol (ie add sugar), ,,, many vinegars start as 10 to 12% alcohol wines.
difficult since I live in a Muslim country and I could get whipped and imprisoned

Latest posts

Back