The Earth was shakin' in Alaska!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I heard on the news that there was an EarthQuake in Alaska this weekend.
Brought a smile to my face when I thought about ArticSid...

Then I found out it was way out in Dutch Harbor,,,

So it couldn't have been him.

LOL. No that one wasnt the "big" one.

I have sure felt a bunch here. Remeber, the largest earthquake to ever hit N America was in Anchorage 1964, 10 times bigger than the San Fran Quake in 1903..

We ARE due for a good one, we know its coming, just a matter of when.

LOL

lmao
we, too, are due for a big one...new madrid fault...1811 and 1812, 8.0,
four of the largest recorded earthquakes in history...still not as big as anchorage, wow...

I'm hoping when New Madrid pops again that we're far enough away to avoid serious damage.

I'm hoping when New Madrid pops again that we're far enough away to avoid serious damage.

Where are you located in MO - i am about 40 miles south of St. Louis - i am in the same boat - hoping we are far enough away.

Where are you located in MO - i am about 40 miles south of St. Louis - i am in the same boat - hoping we are far enough away.

I'm about half way across the state, generally west of New Madrid.

OAN, are there any supply shops in the south/southwest St Louis area? I visit relatives in St Louis a couple times a year, so I like to make the most of the trips.

I have been down that way a few times - my father in law and i go down that way to Lake Norfork in AR to go fishing.

Yeah - there is one in chesterfield - St. Louis Wine and Beermaking.

Here is there web site:

http://www.wineandbeermaking.com/

I go there frequently - need to make a trip this week. I work downtown St. Louis - so it is only about 15 min from me :h.

There is also Dave's Home Brew - that is in Belleville, IL - about 20-25 min east of St. Louis.

Their web site sux. I'll check 'em out on my next trip. Thanks

Yeah - i don't disagree with that :h.

I only used the website for the address - you can't use the navigation to find anything - i generally just search what i am looking for - seems to work alright.

But no pictures - lame descriptions. The store itself is nice - small - but nice.

Yeah - i don't disagree with that :h.

I only used the website for the address - you can't use the navigation to find anything - i generally just search what i am looking for - seems to work alright.

But no pictures - lame descriptions. The store itself is nice - small - but nice.

I'll check 'em out next trip and tell 'em "Jon sent me" :)

we're on one of kentucky's river counties...not a good scenario in the big one!
our good fortune may be that we live on the eastern side of the county...who really knows in the big one...

"Shake, shake shake, shake your booty" LMAO.(KC and the Sunshine Band)

Pardon the pun.

"Shake, shake shake, shake your booty" LMAO.(KC and the Sunshine Band)

Pardon the pun.

For crying out loud Troy, this sounds like you have been hanigng out with Dan and Wade too much! :re

If you can schedule your need for wine degassing to the earthquakes..... you should make out perfectly. Just pull some vacuum and let 'er shake.

Latest posts

Back