The Dutchman's Backyard (mini) Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far pretty good had a bit of fungus starting because of all the rain I had. But that seems to be under control now.
How are things going with the Enchantment this year? Mine here in Virginia are coming along, though a lot slower than the other vines I have. A few will make the top wire this year but a lot probably won’t, and one seems to have struggled and died. I did have some grape vine girdlers infest the vineyard this year, which didn’t help.

They are doing great! Last year I was growing them without trellis, so I trimmed them back to like 6 buds this winter.
And they took off this spring. I did lose most of the first growth to a late frost, but this is where they are at now:
IMG_20200615_203041.jpg

Don't mind the grass going to mow tomorrow.
Hoping to get my first crop next year.

Nice! Here are mine: the little ones in the two rows along with a shot of one of the more vigorous ones (sorry, not sure why it’s displaying it sideways. I don’t think I’ll get grapes for another two years on most of them.ECE8F861-F370-403E-BC8C-ABC185EB9253.jpeg
2dc7bf1e-2518-4b3c-be67-c653acf7fb3e-jpeg.62458

Attachments

• 2DC7BF1E-2518-4B3C-BE67-C653ACF7FB3E.jpeg
    2DC7BF1E-2518-4B3C-BE67-C653ACF7FB3E.jpeg
    693.7 KB · Views: 34
They still look pretty good though!
I think it really shows these vines were made for the Arkansas climate, they have been very vigorous for me.
I am debating on adding a second row of vines next year, or actually, I want to add a second row but still need to convince my wife haha.

Latest posts

Back