The DIETING ENCOURAGEMENT thread

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At some point I was 110kg, not in any sort of good shape. Then I lost 40kg, was 70kg for a few years and began powerlifting. Doubled my weight in 8 years, to 142kg. Now I've lost 20kg, and currently at 122kg. Way better shape and performance than I was at 110kg over 10 years ago.

One Meal A Day works great

At some point I was 110kg, not in any sort of good shape. Then I lost 40kg, was 70kg for a few years and began powerlifting. Doubled my weight in 8 years, to 142kg. Now I've lost 20kg, and currently at 122kg. Way better shape and performance than I was at 110kg over 10 years ago.

One Meal A Day works great

That's about what I do. Popcorn at lunch, meal at supper. Cut back on the drinking though I'm by far not a teetotaler. I'm down another notch on the belt, too. I was a bodybuilder for 15 years. I'm old enough now that the pain overcomes the gain. Hell, it hurts just to get up in the morning. Still have friends in their 50s saying, "Come on and join us, you can still lift heavy." I'm like, "You just wait until you get here, man!" 🤣 All I want now is sustained weight loss. So far, I have kept it off for 8 months – but most importantly, my A1C has dropped to where I am only just a tick over the pre-diabetic line now. That's the goal at my age. Generally the older we get, the more chance of diabetes. I want to avoid that.

That's about what I do. Popcorn at lunch, meal at supper. Cut back on the drinking though I'm by far not a teetotaler. I'm down another notch on the belt, too. I was a bodybuilder for 15 years. I'm old enough now that the pain overcomes the gain. Hell, it hurts just to get up in the morning. Still have friends in their 50s saying, "Come on and join us, you can still lift heavy." I'm like, "You just wait until you get here, man!" 🤣 All I want now is sustained weight loss. So far, I have kept it off for 8 months – but most importantly, my A1C has dropped to where I am only just a tick over the pre-diabetic line now. That's the goal at my age. Generally the older we get, the more chance of diabetes. I want to avoid that.
And all we have to do is avoid anything that tastes good. For many, many years I could eat whatever I wanted - and all I wanted - of everything that's fatty, high calorie and bad for you, without gaining an ounce. And then one day the pounds started piling up - about 45 of them. It took a while and a lot of self-discipline, but I got down to where I wanted and have pretty much stayed there. I still eat the good stuff - just a LOT less of it and a lot less often.

And all we have to do is avoid anything that tastes good. For many, many years I could eat whatever I wanted - and all I wanted - of everything that's fatty, high calorie and bad for you, without gaining an ounce. And then one day the pounds started piling up - about 45 of them. It took a while and a lot of self-discipline, but I got down to where I wanted and have pretty much stayed there. I still eat the good stuff - just a LOT less of it and a lot less often.
All I did to lose 34 pounds was stop eating anything white and go to one full meal a day. No sugar, no flour, no potatoes or veggies from underground. I did nothing else but cut out the carbs (except beer and wine). I like chocolate so I switched to 95% cocoa bars. Even I can follow that diet. I'm never hungry. Have kept it off for 8 months, and still eat ribeye every week. I'm just burning fats instead of carbs. My wife dieted the same way at the same time plus restricted her eating hours and got down to her high school weight. I suppose if I wanted to lose the ~15 pounds it would take to get down to my high school weight, I'd have to make some real sacrifices. Maybe someday.

Back