The DIETING ENCOURAGEMENT thread

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are feeling better, Dawg!

Thank You
yes i am, but it was a ruff day, i ended up over the day eating almost half a bottle of Glucose tablets, i'd eat some, then 20-30 minutes i'd crash again, i'm just glad,, i was awake to know when i started crashing, i guess i took about 120 units of my rapid insulin,,, i was rushing so i could finish putting on my 15 bean soup, and some old fashioned cornbread, instead of going to take care of it when i noticed i was crashing,,, man if i'd croaked, my family would of ate all my beans and cornbread,, lol,, when i cook it,,, i gotta dang near use a ball bat on my nephew, after he eats he always says ,, uncle richie, can i take a small bowl home for later, i say yes and that prick gets my biggest bowl,,, to tell the truth, it makes me feel good, but i always make a groan,,
Dawg

did not mean to ruffle any feathers to day has been ruff i'm on my 3rd sugar crash of the day, best i can guess is i got my insulions backwards and tripled my fast acting insulin and only 1/3 of my my 24 hour insulin, been doing many years so far this would be my second time to do that, the other time i awoke after a 8 day coma , since then i keep 100 count bottle of sugar/glucose tablets,, i keep 3 of them bottle's, 1 in my bedroom, 1 in my kubota, and one that i fill old medicine bottles so i can carry 10 tablets on me at all times, hehe. i've put a dent in my bedroom bottle today, hands shaking head sweeting, lol took me awhile to type this, hands shaking hard to hit correct keys, just the same i apologize for getting cranky @jswordy ,,,
Dawg

None ruffled, hope you are feeling better. You're entitled to be cranky. :)

One thing that Ive done with a high school buddy and one of my best friends for the last year is to weigh in every Friday and post on a shared google sheet. We call it the accountability sheet. I found that I could take weight off, but keeping it off was the challenge. Needing to be accountable to someone else has kept me motivated.

I splurged and ate a 16-ounce ribeye, side salad and drank 3 beers last night, so I was sure my loss would be on hold this morning. But the scale says down another 1-1/2 pounds. I love this diet! One thing I made myself sure of is that gluten beer is directly related to my joint pain. This morning my knees are killing me. I don't get that with wine.

One thing that Ive done with a high school buddy and one of my best friends for the last year is to weigh in every Friday and post on a shared google sheet. We call it the accountability sheet. I found that I could take weight off, but keeping it off was the challenge. Needing to be accountable to someone else has kept me motivated.

I've lose hundreds of pounds over my life. Keeping it off is the major challenge. That's why I like the keto way. It is already a diet I like to consume, I just cut the sugar out of it.

I’m trying to eat healthier with smaller portions, lost about 15 lbs over 6 months or so. The mediteranean diet is what I try to follow, it’s very flavorful and easy to shop for and prepare. It seems like wine drinking really slows down weight loss.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Slower is better when it comes to keeping it off, the experts say.

I still ain't gonna win the swimsuit competition, but I'm minus 20-1/2 pounds this morning. The chart says that's the weight of a shopping cart.

That’s great, now keep it off. That’s my problem it’s hard to keep the weight off

Earlier here I mentioned the plan for doing that this time. I am VERY familiar, as a past bodybuilder, with the goal-oriented Type A approach to weight loss (or weight gain). So, this time I do not have a weight goal to achieve and then forget about; I have a diet change. Eating this diet ALWAYS drops the pounds for me, and it is a diet I like to eat. Hey, when I can sit down like I did on Sunday and eat an entire 16-ounce ribeye and a salad with two glasses of wine, and still lose 1-1/2 pounds by Monday, that's my kind of diet.

This time, wherever my body decides it has lost enough, that'll be fine, since there is no goal number in my head. I am not exercising or doing any additional physical activity above what I did before dieting, so there is no added calorie burning program that I then can decide to skip for a day, then two, then three...

So far, this Type B approach has worked very well. It's all about limiting the carbs to diabetic levels or lower for me – no more than 25 carbs per day. If I want two glasses of wine with dinner (~ 10 carbs), then I have to limit my remaining daily carb intake to ~15 carbs or less. It's not as hard as it might seem. Otherwise, I eat what I want and am full, yet mindful of the carb content. As I said before, I call it the "Eat Nothing White Diet" for short. Get off the sugar and the weight drops. I should write a book! :D

My ex wife was on prednisone for a long time and gained 60 lbs. she went on a nonwhite diet and lost it all. I’m too addicted to carbs, but I try to stay under 200 carbs per day. I use an app called Track to log my diet and it really helps to educate me on portion size. We Americans are so used to huge portions, I get a lot of pushback when I’m eating out with friends or family to eat more, both my wife and have noticed it doesn’t take as much to get filled up now.

My ex wife was on prednisone for a long time and gained 60 lbs. she went on a nonwhite diet and lost it all. I’m too addicted to carbs, but I try to stay under 200 carbs per day. I use an app called Track to log my diet and it really helps to educate me on portion size. We Americans are so used to huge portions, I get a lot of pushback when I’m eating out with friends or family to eat more, both my wife and have noticed it doesn’t take as much to get filled up now.

Congratulations to your wife on her weight loss!

I don't fret over portion size. I like to eat and to feel full. The key question in my diet is, what makes up the portions? Not how large they are.

Nice thread, I just saw this!

Had lost about 50 lbs since the "pandemic" started. Figured I'd make something good out of a not so good situation. Now on the gaining side again (gained back 10). Winter makes it hard to keep up the walking routine at times. Plus I had a fall on the ice and am a bit gun shy of my icy driveway. Need to visit the local mall and make a few laps.

Either way, my biggest help in losing hundreds of pounds over the years:

1) find some sort of exercise and stick to it (I'm going back up because I'm missing my 4:45 am walk)
2) if you have a weakness (for me beer) find ways to avoid situations where you abuse your weakness. Also find ways to limit your calorie weakness once you start overdoing it
3) don't beat yourself up when you "fail" in your own eyes. Each day gives you an opportunity to start over again. Can't change the past, but you can change the future.
4) find a reason why you want to take off the weight, for me it is to someday see some grand kids since I got married so late in life (first kid came along at 35, #4 at 45)
5) find someone (not your spouse) to hold you accountable. They don't have to scold you when you don't have a great day or two. But by them being there it gives you at least a pause before you dive into that extra beer or box of doughnuts.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back