RJ Spagnols The chase begins.... 2019 RQ

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carboy way topped off. Not sure where I lose it but have never got 30 full bottles from a batch. Usually 28 and just short of a 29th. I do have room to bulk age, just need to get an additional carboy.
I usually end up with a bit over 30. There's definitely some variation from carboy to carboy, but out of the 14 that I have there's never more than about half a bottle's difference.
Keep an eye on your local craigslist for people selling winemaking supplies. You can usually pick up carboys for less than half the price of new.

I usually end up with a bit over 30. There's definitely some variation from carboy to carboy, but out of the 14 that I have there's never more than about half a bottle's difference.
Keep an eye on your local craigslist for people selling winemaking supplies. You can usually pick up carboys for less than half the price of new.

Thanks. I will keep an eye open. I use a bottling bucket and siphon and on transfer I tend to leave some in the carboy to make sure I don't stir up some sediment.

Here's a cross pollination post, but interesting to this topic as well. From the Peach Icewine post, there appears to be a 13% off coupon that works on the pre-orders of the RQ kits. I haven't used this website before, but it cuts the cost down a bit if the coupon does work:

https://www.homebrewing.org/Limited-Edition-Wine-Kits_c_342.html

The Spanish Monastrell ends up being about $136 shipped to southeast PA.

Latest posts

Back