The Cats Meow Wine Cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo, Just getting around to catching up on reading the forum. Great cellar, great grapes and berries!!!!!!

Ramona

By now you must be feeling better
smiley1.gif
Ramona

I am feeling much better Ramona...Thanks
smiley31.gif

Decided to get a few updated pictures of the elderberries and Muscadines so I grabbed my camera and headed out and decided to take this shot of Cheyenne who has decided she wants to be an inside "puppy" in this hot weather
cheyeinlivingroom.jpg

I now have elder flowers and they are truly very aromatic
elderflowers2.jpg

elderflowers.jpg

The Muscadines have finally reached the wire and I have started training them down it. They sure know how to grab a hold and hang on

vinesatwire2.jpg

vinesatwire.jpg

A couple weeks ago the elderberries here were blooming and they truly have a very aromatic smell. Now we have the locusts floweing and it smell like a perfume factory exploded. The white pines are about to pollinate also soon. It's hard to breathe when you have allergies this time of year!

Your elderberry flowers are gorgeous- nice and puffy and full. Your vines are certainly getting taller. How long does it take muscadines to start bearing? Thanks for the updates Waldo.

Great Pics Waldo,

Cats are the craziest animals!!!

Pretty, pretty blossoms!!!!

I think I see elderberries on the way to work. Not sure, I need to pull over for a closer look....
4c8.gif
..do they grow wild in Tx????Edited by: rgecaprock

Thanks all and that "crazy cat" by the tv is actually a mount of a Bobcat that was hanging on the wall in the hallway and Kat took him down for a good cleaning.

All is look'in great there Waldo!!! I am actually a little jealious. I think the bobcat looks great right where it is. As I am reading this a bit late, it's to bad that you didnt harvset the flowers on those elder berries for wine.

Pete

I would love some tips on doing that Pete.They are still blooming

My friends in our welding shop & cad department drew me up my logo and cut it out of 1/4" stainless plate on our plasma tableand it now adorns my storm cellar door.
I guess the Cats Meow Wine Cellar is now official
smiley36.gif

cellardoor.jpg

winecellar.jpg

winecellar2.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Thanks all, my annual family reunion really depletes my stock of wines but by next spring all the racks should be full again. The only reason I have as much now as I do is because I had several carboys still bulk aging when the hordes came through pilliging and plundering my cellar
smiley36.gif

I actually enjoy sharing my wines as much as I do making themEdited by: Waldo

That is a very cool looking sign.....A very nice addition to your wine room..
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back