The Bread Thread

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a few loaves of bread this summer, with a but of kick.
I fermented a whole bunch of hot sauce, so after that was done fermenting, I had this very spicy salty brine left over. I used that in place of water and salt in a basic bread recipe, and it turned out really nice.

The first few chews aren't spicy, then it slowly builds. Even though the hot sauce was super hot, with reapers, scorpions, and ghost peppers, the bread was quite pleasant.

Attachments

• PXL_20220922_213707847.jpg
    PXL_20220922_213707847.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
We have friends coming in tomorrow for 4 days. Put together a loaf of Buttermilk, cinnamon, pecan and cranberry bread just for French Toast Friday morning. Also prepped a couple of loaves of herbed sourdough that are doing a slow rise and will bake in the morning to go with Spaghetti tomorrow night. Hope they come out as pretty as Mike's above. Have you taken any before and afters of your slicing patterns, they look awesome.
ButtermilkWhole.jpgButtermilkCut.jpg

Looking good Mike!

We have a couple nice serrated bread knives and usually just cut off what we want as needed. Not always pretty but always amazingly good for sure!

We have friends coming in tomorrow for 4 days. Put together a loaf of Buttermilk, cinnamon, pecan and cranberry bread just for French Toast Friday morning. Also prepped a couple of loaves of herbed sourdough that are doing a slow rise and will bake in the morning to go with Spaghetti tomorrow night. Hope they come out as pretty as Mike's above. Have you taken any before and afters of your slicing patterns, they look awesome.
View attachment 94246View attachment 94247

I was really talking about your lame work on the crust. Always looks professional and artisan
That one is actually easy. I use a razor and make a snake down the middle and then just make small slices to make a stalk on either side of the snake. Easy peezy!

We need a Drooling "like" icon Mike... looks awesome. We're making a broccoli cheese cream soup and I tried making soft pretzels for the first time. Alton Brown recipe followed exactly and they came out great. Taste and texture of a perfect yeast dinner roll. Should be perfect with soup.
View attachment 95244
Nicely done. Picture perfect.

Did you stuff 'em? I've made them stuffed with cheese and brushed with rosemary in butter. Makes a really good take along snack!

Those look like they could have come out of a case at any bakery. Perfect!

We need a Drooling "like" icon Mike... looks awesome. We're making a broccoli cheese cream soup and I tried making soft pretzels for the first time. Alton Brown recipe followed exactly and they came out great. Taste and texture of a perfect yeast dinner roll. Should be perfect with soup.
View attachment 95244

Latest posts

Back