WineXpert The Best Super Tuscan?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corinth

Reaction score
I bottle one super tuskkin and aged it a couple of years-- very yummy:db from me and other. but in your professional opinion, which wold be your favorite kit:try and throw in what you've heard.:?

Corinth

What used to be the Winery Series Super Tuscan IMHO can't be beat. I also did the WE version @jgmann67 mentioned. Very good now, but too early to tell.

And please don't confuse me, The Super Tnuscan with the Super Tuscan.

We are two completely different Supers...up, up, and away...:spm opps wrong way.

tuscan

Forgive me Sir Truscan.I err!
The winery series was the one i bought .not one complaint. But what is your opinion...if I may be so bold.

The new WE..may we assume I will have to mortgage my house to afford it?:a1

Anyone else:a1:a1???
Corin:ith

I've only done one, the cellar craft Rossi fortissimo, and opened and drank my first bottle last weekend. It's 18 months old and the very best kit I've made. It's very dry, smells and tastes great. I added finishing tannins and a bit too much oak but figure that will mellow a bit more. Come on by next Saturday, having a bbq and will be serving a few of the bottles. Mike

Last edited:
Forgive me Sir Truscan.I err!
The winery series was the one i bought .not one complaint. But what is your opinion...if I may be so bold.

The new WE..may we assume I will have to mortgage my house to afford it?:a1

Anyone else:a1:a1???
Corin:ith

I honestly have no idea. When I was trying to pick my Account name I chose Tennessean because I live in Tennessee. It wasn't available, so I chose Tnuscan... Tn--us-c--an. What I didn't realize is, it is so close to Tuscan that it confuses some and when I sign in, I spell Tuscan by mistake. lol

As far as my post goes... I was feelin fine from a nice bottle of wine, and tried to be a little funny. I'm realizing, I need to leave the winemaking to the Professionals, and the comedy to the Comedians.

I made the RJS Cellar Classic Winery Series Italian Super Tuscan 2 years ago. When I bottled it 1 year ago, it was "ok" at best. Opened a bottle last night, and it is very nice.

I made the RJS Cellar Classic Winery Series Italian Super Tuscan 2 years ago. When I bottled it 1 year ago, it was "ok" at best. Opened a bottle last night, and it is very nice.

I have to try mine again, over 2 years old now.
Tried a few months ago and was not impressed at all.

Any idea when the WE Bravado Super Tuscans will be available?

I just had an update to my WE Bravado Super Tuscan order. It's now in "waiting to ship" mode. So, I suppose it's shipping today or tomorrow. :h

the best tuscan

keep us posted.Interested to know what they pack in it, yeast, oak,etc
Thanks, Corinth.

Maybe when my Tuscan is about a two years old and if it tastes fabulous, I will label it"Super Truscan."

RJS gets high praise. I made the Winexpert LE14 Super Tuscan and it's very good. WE is coming out with a limited release that's supposed to be something.

Not to resurrect a zombie thread, but...

The WE LE14 turned out to be a thin-lipped wine. Unsatisfactory. I was wrong.

The Bravado (the newer limited edition ST from WE) is turning out substantially better that the LE14. Time will tell if it is as good as the RJS that I've had.

Not to resurrect a zombie thread, but...

The WE LE14 turned out to be a thin-lipped wine. Unsatisfactory. I was wrong.

The Bravado (the newer limited edition ST from WE) is turning out substantially better that the LE14. Time will tell if it is as good as the RJS that I've had.

That Super Tuscan LE14 was a mehhhhhhh release....no sympathy from me at all.

Can't bring myself to put that 2014 onto the rack yet. The Winery Series is head and shoulders above it.

Back