Cellar Craft The best amarone kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomhero

Reaction score
Well all the take on the forums about amarone got me to try it finally. Very delicious!

Now my birthday is soon and the wife is wondering what I want and would like a new kit.

I am looking on finevinewines.com and wondering which you all would recommend for a great amarone kit.

Thanks all!

From my reading, the best ones are the En Primeur by Spagnols, the Winery Series by Spagnols, and the Cellar Craft Showcase.

I can't speak from experience yet, but do have the En Primeur clearing now. So far, it's very good.

I have made the Showcase Amarone several years running and was thrilled with it. Just to be different, the last couple years I made Mosti Montiale Renaissance and Renaissance Impressions kits. Not pleased at all. Very thin and lack flavor. My Cru Select Valpolicella Ripassa is a far better 'amarone' than the Mosti Kits.

My advice, go with Showcase. You won't be sorry.

Well i do believe that ill go with the showcase haha.

Unless anybody has more to say about the en premier?

Well i do believe that ill go with the showcase haha.

Unless anybody has more to say about the en premier?

What attracted me to the EP was that it comes with grape skins AND raisins. I used the skins in primary, and the raisins in secondary. Nothing would prevent you from using the grape pack in the Showcase kit, then using store bought raisins in secondary though.

What attracted me to the EP was that it comes with grape skins AND raisins. I used the skins in primary, and the raisins in secondary. Nothing would prevent you from using the grape pack in the Showcase kit, then using store bought raisins in secondary though.

As a matter of fact, that is my plan for my next Amarone - Showcase Amarone plus raisins. Should be amazing

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, that is my plan for my next Amarone - Showcase Amarone plus raisins. Should be amazing

This is exactly what I did with my Showcase Amarone that I started in May. After fermenting it on the skins, I added a pound of raisins in the secondary for 3 weeks. I added oak powder and will send it through the barrel this winter before bottling. At 3 months old, it has a lot of potential.

Wade, that is quite the endorsement for the RJS Enp Amarone. I am going to make at least one Amarone every year and the RJS Enp is now on the list.

Wade, how long did you age it before you felt it surpassed Showcase? Amarone is on my radar as one of my next kits. I make one every year for the holidays.

Wow making it hard for me to decide now! Especially since the rj is only a few dollars more.

It doesn't sound like you could go wrong with either one. Do the other one next year.

Ha I probably wouldnt wait till next year.

I got the bug that everyone talks about haha

You're right. Do both of them this year and compare. You could call it a bug. I call it my obsession. :)

Well all the talk about amarone and I decided on ordering grapes and doing a pinot noir haha.

The wife loves pinot so it helps me out in the end also, but no worries as soon as i can order more i am going to get the ep amarone!

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

When I look at the description of this product, there is only a mention of dried grape skins. I don't see any mention of raisins in addition. You think they have changed the kit?

I didn't know kits bring or mention the use of raisins.
I wonder for how long and if they don't add a raisin'like taste to it.

I have done wine expert, CC Showcase and Mosti Meglioli LE. The MM is fantastic at two years. The CC was delish several months ago when I bottled but havent tasted again yet. Plan to do RJS EP soon. I try to do two Amarone kits per year.

When I look at the description of this product, there is only a mention of dried grape skins. I don't see any mention of raisins in addition. You think they have changed the kit?

I think they just leave it out for some reason. Mine was just purchased a month or two ago. I don't believe there's been any change.

Back