Thanksgiving and Christmas Wine kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo

Junior
Reaction score
Hi! Looking ahead to the holidays. And honestly, I know I am already behind because of the aging window...

What are some good kits for Thanksgiving Dinner, and also to have around/gift throughout the rest of the holiday season. I'm open to semi-sweets, off-drys, dessert wines and sweet/fruit wines. Thanks!

American Thanksgiving or Canadian? If Canadian, you're not going to make it. If American, start the wine ASAP.

The Winexpert Island Mist kits are great for the semi-sweet and sweet. They come in at 7% ABV, and will not have a long shelf life. I chaptalize them to 10-11%, but if you make the kit as directed, it will age faster.

The RJ Spagnols dessert wine kits are surprisingly drinkable at bottling time. IMO they get better (like most wines) after aging a year or two.

Another thought is the cider kits -- you can make them still or sparkling (assuming you have beer bottles and a crown capper).

If you're starting batches now, double 'em! This is time to prep for next year!

American Thanksgiving or Canadian? If Canadian, you're not going to make it. If American, start the wine ASAP.

The Winexpert Island Mist kits are great for the semi-sweet and sweet. They come in at 7% ABV, and will not have a long shelf life. I chaptalize them to 10-11%, but if you make the kit as directed, it will age faster.

The RJ Spagnols dessert wine kits are surprisingly drinkable at bottling time. IMO they get better (like most wines) after aging a year or two.

Another thought is the cider kits -- you can make them still or sparkling (assuming you have beer bottles and a crown capper).

Thanks! I have already made a ton of the Island Mist kits. Any particular flavors you recommend for the holidays? I have some of the White Cranberry aging right now. I will have to check out those dessert wines as well.

Any particular flavors you recommend for the holidays?
I can't make a recommendation. They're not my taste, for the most part, so any I've made have sat for years and/or been given away. If you need a red, the Black Raspberry-Merlot is tasty.

For the RJ Spagnols dessert wines, I've made the Orange Chocolate, Black Forest (Cherry Chocolate), and Coffee. All are good, if you like the flavors involved.

Also, American. I missed that the first time ;)

Hi! Looking ahead to the holidays. And honestly, I know I am already behind because of the aging window...

What are some good kits for Thanksgiving Dinner, and also to have around/gift throughout the rest of the holiday season. I'm open to semi-sweets, off-drys, dessert wines and sweet/fruit wines. Thanks!
A dragon's blood with cranberries added might be considered?.....................................DizzyIzzy

Latest posts

Back