Quantcast

Thanks

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

winehomie

Reaction score
I have been making wine at home for about 3 years now, learning mostly by trial and error and some web surfing, never used a kit, and have made some very good and very bad wines lol. I joined this forum about a week ago, and I have learned more in this week just skimming the posts then I learned in the 4 years I did it the hard way. Just wanna say thank you all for sharing your knowledge and I am sure my family (wine test dummies) will be very grateful as well

Graves

Junior
Reaction score
Winehomie, that's awesome! Where do you get your recipes for wine?
I'm in central Ohio, my wife bought me a wine making kit and Moscato kit for starters. I just finished it a week ago with labels, not bad. I have a Cabernet Sauvignon coming to start. I would eventually like to dabble in making it from scratch like you.

Amanda660

Haven't met a grape I didn't like!
Reaction score
I love this forum and so glad you found your way here - I have learned a lot by just reading and I'm so glad I found this forum when I got started - I was spared a lot of pain! **Most of my recipes come from here as well so check out that section.

winehomie

Reaction score
Winehomie, that's awesome! Where do you get your recipes for wine?
I'm in central Ohio, my wife bought me a wine making kit and Moscato kit for starters. I just finished it a week ago with labels, not bad. I have a Cabernet Sauvignon coming to start. I would eventually like to dabble in making it from scratch like you.
At first I got most of my ideals web surfing

drainsurgeon

Reaction score
recipes check out EC KRASS AND MOUNTIAN JACK,
Didn't know about these two sources Dawg, thanks.

Found EC Krass, but all that Google comes up with for Mountain Jack is a steak house. Link or web address?

Mismost

Reaction score
I have learned more in this week just skimming the posts then I learned in the 4 years I did it the hard way. Just wanna say thank you all for sharing your knowledge and I am sure my family (wine test dummies) will be very grateful as well
In agreement with you winehomie! This is a great place to learn.

With all the filth and garbage on the web, one of things I love about it is Forums like this one...a true vault of knowledge at your fingertips. The web has become the first place I go for information...be it wine making, shooting, fishing, cooking....there always seems to be a forum somewhere that is filled with good folks that share their love and knowledge of whatever hobby you can think of....and like you, I've learned so much and saved money and time not making dumb mistakes or choices. Not that I don't still make bonehead moves...just not as many!

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
sorry

he has a site and is a member here, the man knows a thing or two
i think his site is listed on his profile, I've got used to calling him wvmountainjack instead of wvmountaineerjack,
i guess i'm a butter knife in a drawer full of steak knives, lol
Dawg'

wvmountaineerjack

Found EC Krass, but all that Google comes up with for Mountain Jack is a steak house. Link or web address?

Last edited:

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
you do know that the bargainers forum, grape frurman so on their is also got a RECIPPE forum, just a few days ago i got my hands on the original skeeter pee recipe. AKA hard lemonade . you get interested in that I'll look it up the original was by a dude mamed lon something or other
Dawg

you

Latest posts