Thank God for Everclear

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratflinger

3 streets from Hell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fortunately in Texas we can buy 190 proof, otherwise I'd have to use other means to obtain it. I use it for fortifying port or sherry like products. Being 190 a little goes a long way. My wife uses it to strip lemons of their oils and flavors to make Lemoncello. You do have to remember to cut it, one year I forgot and while the Lemoncello was really good, just a little bit cranked you right up! Wife will try stripping out other fruits, but mostly they are :slp

What do you use Everclear for?

I use the 190 Everclear to make limoncello, used it to make cherry-cello...which is super easy. Just toss in the cherries whole! I have made orange-cello....not too bad but i prefer the lemon.
This year I will be tossing some apples in it just to see how it goes. And YES, I usually 'cut' the 190 in half with some simple syrup ( sugar water )

Good stuff!

I can’t get EC190 in Ohio, but I’ve got contacts who brought me some from TX/MO. I use it in airlocks. Also to reduce the foaming when racking. A couple of drops and the foam goes back to liquid so I can keep topping off carboys.
Kind of a waste for airlocks, I use EasyClean for that, but lacking anything else I have used in airlocks also.

Latest posts

Back