Tennessee girl

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyh

Junior
Reaction score
I'm in Middle Tennessee and I am so excited! I just bottled my first kit today and gave it a first taste and it's as wonderful as I had hoped!

I did finish a small batch of lemon wine from lemonade concentrate after my primary was open and it has kept my happy in between. However, I have to be very careful with the lemon!

I just had to share!!! I'm learning lots here. Thanks all!

Missy

Welcome to a great forum! Lots of good folks here.

Hey. Thanks everyone. It was a Pinot Blanc --Vintners Reserver Winexpert. I'm working on labels....most are in screw tops

So here's a question...please don't judge me harshly! I generally don't care for red wines because they taste "slimy" to me. : ) What is that quality that I don't care for and how can I avoid it. Or maybe I will stick totally to whites! : ) I'm asking here because I'm hoping it's a safe place with knowledgeable folks!
Missy

WELCOME!!!....wait you dont like red wines okay thanks for stopping by you can leave now :)

just kidding enjoy the site and learn lots

So here's a question...please don't judge me harshly! I generally don't care for red wines because they taste "slimy" to me. : ) What is that quality that I don't care for and how can I avoid it. Or maybe I will stick totally to whites! : ) I'm asking here because I'm hoping it's a safe place with knowledgeable folks!
Missy

Hi Missy,

I don't know just what you mean by slimy. I guess you might be talking about mouth-feel. It is the quality that give the wine a feeling of thickness in the mouth. Lots of people really like that, but we are all so very different.

If you like whites, stick with them. Nothing says you have to drink reds. Normally, folks begin drinking wine, starting with sweet wines. Next, they move into dry whites. After they drink whites for awhile, it is pretty typical they will move into light reds, then heavy reds. It is sort of a natural progression. If this doesn't happen to you, just enjoy your whites.

I have been sort of backwards; I started with light reds, moved to heavy reds and decided to stop there. Later, I realized I was missing out on some really great wine - whites, so I determined to acquire a taste for whites. Today, I thoroughly enjoy both whites and reds, but still have a special place for those reds.

Latest posts

Back