Tempranillo sourcing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitmo234

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I'm looking for some Tempranillo. I ordered 3 pails from Grapemasters but due to NO fault of their own it got screwed up. The postal service screwed it up, 1 pail arrived hot and busted, wrapped in a trash bag, zero juice and hot stinky grapes. The other two still havent showed up (its now been like 3 weeks).

While we sort this out, I'm looking to do this sooner than later. Does anyone have a source on frozen must?

FYI for anyone interested, I actually found some from Brehm. I was looking on morewinemaking and it didnt list them and i went to brehm direct. Preorder anyway

FYI for anyone interested, I actually found some from Brehm. I was looking on morewinemaking and it didnt list them and i went to brehm direct. Preorder anyway
Glad you found a alternate source. My vines are not producing yet, so what i did was went ahead and found a local vineyard that is selling grapes they dont need, i just have to go pick them so ill be doing some sangiovese this year.

Hey folks!

I'm looking for some Tempranillo. I ordered 3 pails from Grapemasters but due to NO fault of their own it got screwed up. The postal service screwed it up, 1 pail arrived hot and busted, wrapped in a trash bag, zero juice and hot stinky grapes. The other two still havent showed up (its now been like 3 weeks).

While we sort this out, I'm looking to do this sooner than later. Does anyone have a source on frozen must?

Sorry it got fouled up, I’ve used their stuff and am very pleased / impressed with it. Hope you find the Brehm stuff good, they’re grapes have been really good as well.

Sorry it got fouled up, I’ve used their stuff and am very pleased / impressed with it. Hope you find the Brehm stuff good, they’re grapes have been really good as well.
Thats why i try and use Fedex. They have been reliable. The USPS has sent my packages all over the place and is just over all stupid sometimes. They shipped a package to a different zip code in the same state claimed it didnt look like my zip code. But it did.

Yeah I have total faith they sell quality product. This was just the screw up of the US Postal service. I had a minor annoyance it took 3 weeks to ship, but the communication has been great and he's helped with the shipping fiasco. Shipping out 3 more to me, but i offered to pay for upgraded shipping

Yeah I have total faith they sell quality product. This was just the screw up of the US Postal service. I had a minor annoyance it took 3 weeks to ship, but the communication has been great and he's helped with the shipping fiasco. Shipping out 3 more to me, but i offered to pay for upgraded shipping
Well that's good :)

and now UPS has struck. The shipper paid for saturday delivery. UPS decided to put them on a hot vehicle on saturday and leave them. Today one (so far) has been delivered. It was hot and swollen, but not punctured. One was marked damaged and discarded by UPS, and the other still says out for delivery.

I'm not sure what's worse, UPS or USPS. This box has perishable all over it and saturday delivery barcodes all over it. Now the seller has another claim to file. I'm going to ferment this one that came in hot. I've got now evidence fermentation began, so we'll see what happens. I'm just really pissed off at USPS and UPS. All I F@#$# wanted was 2x pails of Tempranillo and 1 pail of either Carnignan or another Tempranillo. Instead Im getting BS.

And I feel bad, the guy at Grape Masters had done EVERYTHING he can do to make it right. We might be driving up to meet him halfway (4 hours for both of us) to pick up pails or something, but I feel horrible even telling him something is wrong again.

And I feel bad, the guy at Grape Masters had done EVERYTHING he can do to make it right. We might be driving up to meet him halfway (4 hours for both of us) to pick up pails or something, but I feel horrible even telling him something is wrong again.

FedEx is reliable lol

I think this guy is out of Tempranillo now, and although business is business i can hardly stomach asking him to send another two pails (assuming this must that got warm/hot is ok)

I think this guy is out of Tempranillo now, and although business is business i can hardly stomach asking him to send another two pails (assuming this must that got warm/hot is ok)
That is rough luck

I spoke with him and we're either going to meet halfway (4 hours for each of us), he's coming to VA and we'll take a weekend in charlottesville to do some wine stuff, or I'll head up to Toronto and spend a day helping make some wine and stuff, plus picking up pails.

I cannot say enough about his customer service. Phenomenal all around. We've talked enough now I've gotten to know him and he seems like a stand up guy.

Any thoughts on must that got warm/hot? should still be good?

I spoke with him and we're either going to meet halfway (4 hours for each of us), he's coming to VA and we'll take a weekend in charlottesville to do some wine stuff, or I'll head up to Toronto and spend a day helping make some wine and stuff, plus picking up pails.

I cannot say enough about his customer service. Phenomenal all around. We've talked enough now I've gotten to know him and he seems like a stand up guy.

Any thoughts on must that got warm/hot? should still be good?

I worked with Charles for my 2016 Tempranillo and Merlot. It was 12 pails and had to ship bulk freight on a pallet into the US from Canada, and it was his first attempt to do so. He personally took the time to wrangle it through Customs, and after a short stay there in a freezer, it was released, and arrived in New Orleans still frozen solid. He’s definitely a stand up guy and passionate winemaker. He still contacts me to see how the wine is progressing. I’ll definitely purchase from him again.

I hope you’re able to get your order, he has some very nice fruit.

I worked with Charles for my 2016 Tempranillo and Merlot. It was 12 pails and had to ship bulk freight on a pallet into the US from Canada, and it was his first attempt to do so. He personally took the time to wrangle it through Customs, and after a short stay there in a freezer, it was released, and arrived in New Orleans still frozen solid. He’s definitely a stand up guy and passionate winemaker. He still contacts me to see how the wine is progressing. I’ll definitely purchase from him again.

I hope you’re able to get your order, he has some very nice fruit.

We're gonna drive and meet halfway once the 2018 harvest is complete. Based on the quality of what I have received, it will be worth the wait. Oddly enough, this whole thing has caused us to build a bit of a friendship and im getting some great tips and business advice.

Back